Zenos e10 video review

Manshoon11

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessing that the pics are taken on the route now commonly known as the Evo Traingle.

Have to say that the second shot seems to emphasise the rollbars a bit more than I've seen on other shots.

Quick question whilst I'm here - does the E10 have any capacity for carrying luggage? When we lived in the UK we used to do 2 week tours (circa 2.5k miles) in our 7 and the wife never really got the hang of packing light :-)

n

Quick question whilst I'm here - does the E10 have any capacity for carrying luggage? When we lived in the UK we used to do 2 week tours (circa 2.5k miles) in our 7 and the wife never really got the hang of packing light :-)

Simple answer is no. This probably is not the best choice for long distance traveling with two people that need luggage.

There are two "glovebox" compartments built into the cockpit tub. They are designed to house the removable steering wheel, but could be also used for bringing a change of clothes.

zenos e10 showcar0218.jpg

And of course what you can fit in the center cubby.

zenos e10 showcar0225.jpg

Which may work out to two thongs.

Then there is the space behind the seats. I think you can fit two small duffle bags. This is now I traveled cross country in the Noble and Rossion. But then my partner was onboard with traveling very light. I really think you would be limited to about a one or two changes of clothes...maybe a weekend trip. Longer than that you are washing clothes in the hotel sink. Been there, done that! :)

There also may be some passenger footwell space. I have used that also in the Noble.

Possible there may be some thought to an aftermarket strapon bag for the area between the rollhoops/seats. Not sure, I plan on looking into it when I get the car.

Which may work out to two thongs.

:ack: The car looks great but I would not want to see anyone (or their partner) on this forum in a thong! I know a thong fits in the available luggage space but even so! :willy_nilly:

With the engine mid-mounted I just assumed that there would be some storage space up front. Looks like the inboard suspension has taken up all of the space.

With the SV packed tight and then a SBFS RE-Bag on top, we could carry quite a lot on tour. Reminds me of the Angus & Tessa photo showing what they took on tour -

Luggage_1.jpg

There is also a great photo of Alex Wong with a very seriously overloaded Caterham as he sets of for a GOME event to Marrakesh. I can now find the post on BlatChat to his story, but unfortunately the links to the photos were lost in the 'upgrade'

• 1 month later...

We are finalizing our route. The Zenos will start in San Diego. But I am starting in Tennessee. A group of Lotus/Seven drivers will depart from Virginia and meet up in Chattanooga with a group from Atlanta. We are then heading to Birmingham, Barber Museum, Muscle Shoals, Tupelo MS, Texarkana, Amarillo, Cadillac Ranch, Tucumcari NM and meeting up with the west group (and the Zenos) in Taos. Then driving up the back roads to Colorado Springs and the Lotus Owners Gathering.

The Zenos will depart from San Diego and head up thru the desert and 29 palms. Drive through Grand Canyon, Winslow Arizona, Petrified Forest, and then meet up with us in Taos.

We leave Colorado Springs and head to Hutchinson Kansas, then Baxter Springs, Joplin, Carthage, and Route 66. Then the back roads to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY. Then over to Knoxville and then Gatlinburg and Tail of the Dragon. Then some will split off for Atlanta. I will drive the Zenos to the Atlantic ocean finishing in Norfolk VA.

Randy, Wife and I plan to drive our Ultralite S2K from Waco TX to Colorado Springs Lotus Owners Gathering. When you know dates and times you will be at Texarkana, Amarillo, Tucumcari and Taos please post, we would like to join up with your group. We should be able to catch up somewhere between Texarkana and Amarillo. I am sure many will turn out if they know when to expect you in their area. Traveling as a group is always more fun...especially if someone needs assistance. We drove the S2K from near Detroit where we bought it to Waco last year and had a great time. Not hard to pack all you need for a trip if you plan correctly. I hope to meet you in August. The Zenos looks great to me by the way.

Robert F.:seeya: