FFX, VA - Fair Lakes Cars & Coffee

rcollum

We have a Cars & Coffee event every Sunday morning, from around 8:00AM. Turnout is good, even in cold weather like we had today. We have a good mix of foreign/exotics and American iron. A decent turnout today, despite temperatures in the teens (Fahrenheit), and patchy ice on some back roads.

Of special interest to this crowd - we had our first Brunton Stalker show up today!

--Bob Collum

Yep - I've been going to Katie's Cars & Coffee in Great Falls, VA since March of 10, before it was an 'official' event.

The East Market at Fair Lakes Cars & Coffee (Kohl's, for short) has not been running quite as long. I started attending there in November of 2010, but I certainly wasn't around at the first meet.

These two weekly events are interesting enough that I attend both pretty much every week, and take pictures of what shows up. Katie's on Saturday mornings is amazing, and diverse, and starts ungodly early.

Kohl's, on Sunday mornings, starts later, and is in a big, open parking lot that allows for more flexibility in grouping similar cars together - the Mopar guys park together every week, as do many others. Because of the layout, I hold specialized meets at Kohl's - twice a year for my Lotus friends and two different days a year for my Jaguar friends.

Both these venues (and all the other Cars & Coffee venues I know of, at least locally) draw a great variety of vehicles. Even if you're bored by a garden-variety exotic, or if a muscle car doesn't float your boat, you can see (among other things) a more-than-100-year-old motorized bicycle, a Cessna chassis on a Toyota van frame, an Indycar, a 1960's F1 Cooper, a hand-built Lister-Jaguar replica with a modified Z06 engine, or a VW Type 3 with a Subaru drivetrain, with a sequential gearshift. If you can't find something to interest you, you probably don't really like cars!

--Bob Collum

P.S.: At one of my 'Get Your Lotus Out' events at Kohl's a couple of years ago, we had 3 Caterhams show up.

Edited by rcollum

P.S.: At one of my 'Get Your Lotus Out' events at Kohl's a couple of years ago, we had 3 Caterhams show up.

That must be a pretty shady event, as I recognize those hooligans, Scott, Michael D. and Norm B. Definitely a Shady crew. :seeya: Tom

That must be a pretty shady event, as I recognize those hooligans, Scott, Michael D. and Norm B. Definitely a Shady crew. :seeya: Tom

Yep, Michael D. alright........no mistaking that tomato red. :jester:

Help us out of towers pls...

FFX = Fairfax?

Have actual addresses for both events?

Rosemarie and I have been known to just take off for a few days, she's always up for a road trip...

Sorry, Paul - that's Fairfax, VA. The two venues are -

Katie's Coffee

760 Walker Road

Great Falls, VA 22066

Saturdays, 6:00 - 9:00 AM

Starbuck's

East Market at Fair Lakes

12551 Fair Lakes Circle

Fairfax, VA 22033

Sundays, 8:00 - 10:30 AM

--Bob Collum