Save the date - East Coast Sevens HPDE Event 2015

Croc

Steve:

I have to second Croc here. Putting aside that its simply the wrong season for Cancun, she will (incorrectly) feel old because she is turning 40. But bring her to NJMP and, after a glimpse of all us, she will feel young again:)! She will be positively youthful in comparison.

Much better to gauge herself against our slumping, tired, gray, old bodies than be comparing herself to 20 year old hotties on the beaches of Cancun. AND when she sees how much fun we are still having, it will also give her hope for the future!!!

So, to be honest, I think you owe it to her to bring her to our event....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful Shane...seems someone is a little touchy about age references!

Hey, I was there once, but then I aged and got over it. :jester: In truth, I think I'm just pissed and being passive aggressive because I can't make the event this year; sort of like when my dogs tear up stuff because they're fenced in. :cuss:

Edited by xcarguy

Steve - Thats just not acceptable. You need to get your priorities right. I would bring your friend to Millville instead. We are much more fun than Cancun!

:party:

Whispers PS: Is she good looking?

Our friends hubby would love to join us, I'm sure. He was previously a mechanic for a wealthy business owner and looked after his Lotus Cortina and Porker at various classic events in the UK and Europe. The ladies though - that's another matter!!!

The only thing that is keeping us sane in all of this snow is the promise of some sunshine to warm our bones in a few months time :-)

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing, the anonymity of these forums hides the realities of the individuals.

So true confession here....me thinks I fit this bunch at age 62, am almost average.

Rosemarie on the other hand is mid 40s (can't be too exact can we? Ladies and age, scales...)

And at this point in the winter who cares???

Simon, can I safely assume that you have completed your build? Congrats!

I know there are more out there that have not thrown their hats in yet. Don't be bashful. We are a fun group.:party:

Potential attendees to date:

1) Croc

2) Yellowss7

3) BBall7754

4) Kitcat

5) S1Steve

6) SK400

7) Sabbot

8) Wemdt

9) RGTorque

10) Paul Hill (and wife, spectating)

11) FE07

12) Dave D (and Bev)

13) 951N914 (Scott L)

14) JBH

15) Simon450 and Carrie

I spoke with a couple of other Caterham owners who both attended last year's event and they both said they were looking forward to joining in again this year. Since they don't frequent this site to chime in, I'll add them with their approval. That brings us up to 16 se7ens on track and a couple of spectating 7 owners. The more the Merrier. Hope to see a few more added to the list.

Potential attendees to date:

1) Croc

2) Yellowss7

3) BBall7754

4) Kitcat

5) S1Steve

6) SK400

7) Sabbot

8) Wemdt

9) RGTorque

10) Paul Hill (and wife, spectating)

11) FE07

12) Dave D (and Bev)

13) 951N914 (Scott L)

14) JBH

15) Simon450 and Carrie

16) Len C ( NJMP member)

17) Paul A

And really it is 18 cars since Tom will have the yellow peril and major orange there and I will have my two Caterhams.

Edited by Croc
I cannot do maths - duh!

Just made my reservations for a VIP Suite! Now I have to see about getting my car ready for this year. I have only driven it twice since last year and the last time out it had a shake in the drive train. I am hoping it is not the differential. But last year I saw material on the drain plug magnet that did not look good. I am really looking forward to this year!

:party:

. . . . . I have only driven it twice since last year and the last time out it had a shake in the drive train.

Dave, don't feel too bad........the last time I drove my Storker, it too had a really bad shake in the drive train. :jester:

Yes you are not the only one Dave! When I drove my maroon Caterham last it had a lot of vibration before the vibration stopped and lots of expensive rattling noises started and I had no forward momentum.... :toetap05:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/IMG_0784_zpsbos6drwe.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/IMG_0785_zpsfpnedvan.jpg

It was an ex-road test car and I doubt they treated it with any level of mechanical sympathy or kindness. It had to have had a crack in it before it let go in a rather big way. Fixed this week with a new 1975 Pinto clutch ready for a drive this weekend....oh its raining now! :p

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

Ah....so the shake in the driver came AFTER he realized he no longer had any semblance of control?

Don't ya just hate it when you realize you're just along for the ride?

Might as well sit back and relax, cross your arms and wait...no brakes, no steering, what's left to do???