XCarGuy

Well, after a rather lengthy deliberation between my wife, my insurance co, Suave, Croc and Hilda, a consensus was reached regarding a replacement for the Storker. Agreed on criteria was for something a bit under powered, a smidge overweight and cornered and handled like and ox cart. Here’s what they decided on . . . . . . . . . :ack: They said I should be thankful that I was still going to be driving a two seat roadster, and to look on the bright side; I was being upgraded to true knock-off wheels. :svengo:

017 (5).jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane, Have you gotten past the insurance company so the story can be told? Curiosity is getting the better of me. BTW, how are you feeling and is work sort of getting into a rhythm? I suspect that they have you in a back brace to keep everything stable and healing. If it is too soon to tell the story, just suggest I take a leap at the Moon for the time being. Bob

Shane, I think you are over braked or need new Brake shoes. Looks like you flatspotted your fronts. :willy_nilly: Tom

Tom,

Take a look at the size of those tires..........I'm just trying to keep up with 'old yeller'. :jester:

Shane, Have you gotten past the insurance company so the story can be told? Curiosity is getting the better of me. . . . . . . If it is too soon to tell the story, just suggest I take a leap at the Moon for the time being. Bob

Bob,

Just for you . . . . . . . :jester:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhujM7T1_fQ

Sorry, Bob. Just couldn't resist. Maybe it's the 'Astro' Bob thing, or the fact that you have traken up residnece on the space coast. :jester: But, on a more serious note, the 'insurance thing' is still in the works. It's been slow go with the broken back and all. Just got the car out of the trailer and on to the lift this week (four buddies and the wife.....not actually me :D ). When the smoke clears, I'll definitely fill everybody in. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

I see the new Volvo XC90 has specially designed seats that can absorb huge vertical G's so as to reduce the chance of spinal compression. Shane, I think you'd want to pass on the new "Bursting Blue" metallic paint option tho(:.

I see the new Volvo XC90 has specially designed seats that can absorb huge vertical G's so as to reduce the chance of spinal compression. Shane, I think you'd want to pass on the new "Bursting Blue" metallic paint option tho(:.

Yeah.....something about the name 'Bursting' that just doesn't quite 'sit' right with me. :ack:

Xcarguy, seeing this now and late to the thread..

Truly sorry about the accident and the loss but happy to see that you are back on the forum. Rest well. Hope to see you soon back on the road.

Xcarguy, seeing this now and late to the thread..

Truly sorry about the accident and the loss but happy to see that you are back on the forum. Rest well. Hope to see you soon back on the road.

Thanks SK. I have a few more weeks in the brace; still (hopefully) beats having surgery. As for the car, resolve is nearing and (again....hopefuly) I'll be wrenching on the ole' Storker fairly soon. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

All,

Within the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting (in a new thread) details and video regaerding my accident at TWS. As for me, I've hit thirteen weeks today in the back brace. :svengo: I'll be visiting the doc a week from Monday to determine the next chapter of my life......wish me luck. :willy_nilly:

Hopefully good news is a week away!. Take your wife in as a second set of eyes and ears. I have found over the years in my practice as a disability attorney that the person who is recovering has a hard time interpreting the doctor's advice. The pessimists see imminent disaster and optimists are just weeks away from full recovery. And your subjective sense of your pain/discomfort level is the best indicator of progress. There is no "pain meter," so no way the MRI's and EKGs can explain your symptoms. Following the doctor's advice seems to be the best predictor of recovery (PT,OT, meds, stay as active as feasible, etc.). My clients who are injured and retire to the couch to wait for the pain to go away,with liberal does of tv and alcohol, never get better. I know that is not you so I am hopeful.