Anyone with a Cateram 7 close to me?

Ringmeister

Hello,

I'm looking into purchasing a 7 out of state and I just want to make sure I can fit in this thing and work the pedals. Anyone in Central NJ have a Caterham 7 with the standard S3 body that would be willing to let me try it on for size? I'm 6'-0" with a size 12 shoe.

Thanks,

Gary

6'0 is not an issue, you will need to get a pair of racing shoes/boots for your feet to hit all the pedals. There are several of us that have S3's an SVs that are members at NJMP if you want to take a drive down for one of the member days. Tom

Thanks guys, body wise I'm pretty narrow in the seat, I guess my biggest worry is the pedal box even with a pair of Puma Sport Cats. I had both Elise and Exige that just worked with those shoes. Anyone have the dimensions between the right side of the brake pedal and the tunnel and the left side of the brake pedal and the left side inner bodywork?

I'm gonna need close to 5" for each.

Gary

I have an elise and 7 so can compare for you. In the elise I have room for my foot on the dead pedal(so between the clutch and the chassis) In the 7, their is no dead pedal and I usually drive with my foot behind the clutch (towards the firewall) I'd say the footwell in the 7 is definitely tighter. I've got size 8 feet however :)

Take Tom up on meeting at NJMP and they'll probably be a couple 7's to try on for size.

Jim

I echo Tom and Jim's comments above - come on over to NJMP when the gang is there and we can test fit you in an S3, S5/SV or a CSR in a variety of seats - regular leather, carbon Tillets from the CSR or the cheapy fiberglass Tillets. Some of the cars can even give you the authentic overheating experiences (Tom, Jeff.....) ;)

August 1 and 2 would look to be likely dates when we are there - at least I am planning to be and I think I have 3 Caterhams in my garage these days.

August 1/2 might be possible. I am going to be there on the 10th with Jeffapalooza if anyone is there. May not have that much time though, need to move on this car before it's gone.

If anyone has those dimensions...

Gary

Your best bet is having Tom measure his car since his car is exactly 30 yards from where he is quaffing red wine right now. By contrast I am in Nashville and no where near mine.

Pull your finger out Tom! :iagree:

tunnel to right side edge of the brake pedal. 4 1/2 inches. left side to left side edge of the brake pedal 6 inches. 2000 S3 Superlight.

Tom

That might work, gonna be close on the right foot at 4.5. Thanks for measuring, appreciate it.

My S3's in Cherry Hill area if that's close enough for you to get to. I'll measure the clearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too far, if I can work the time in to get down there I'll PM you. Appreciate the offer!