Genuine FORD parts Supplier

MichaelD

This is a good place for “Ford” parts. Kyle runs the website for Lakeland Ford in FL and seems to be a very responsive guy who wants to keep customers happy with their prices and their service.

My Zetec Slave Cylinder, Ford Part # F5RZ7A508BB, is listed everywhere at $165. None of the Ford dealers in Maryland stock the part, all of them stuck to the list price and ship from Mississippi.

www.lakelandfordparts.com sells them for $126, delivered. Next time you need "Ford" replacement parts call Kyle.

• :party:

Kyle Jackson

Lakeland Automall

Online Parts Sales

PH: (863) 577-5010

www.lakelandfordparts.com

Edited by MichaelD

Michael,

Thanks, always good info to know a good Ford parts guy. I had real trouble replacing a connector on my Zetec SVT at my local Ford dealer, and it is getting harder to find anyone who knows the "SVT-peculiar" parts.

Taber

• 1 month later...

Ford has changed the dimensions on the slave cylinder for the 2000 Contour. However, they did not change the part number.

I found out the hard way. I installed a new one last week. Motor started fine but when I but it into 1st it did not move. I pulled the motor a second time and took the motor and trans to George Alderman (long time Caterham dealer) and the review began and George took measurements.

The new part measures .25 inches wider when compressed than to the slave cylinder we have been using in our Zetec for 12 year and have replaced it 4 or 5 times. The travel of the older slave cylinder was .24 inches. The new part measures .25 inched wider when compressed than to the slave cylinder we have been using in our Zetec. The travel of the older slave cylinder requires .24 inches to depress the pressure plate. With the new slave cylinder it simply never releases the pressure plate.

Lucky for me, George had a spare of the older design measurements and my car drives just fine now.

I think this new measurement is a stronger slave cylinder that was used in the 2.5 ltr v6s.

If you need a slave cylinder, check out Summit Racing. They have both a 2ltr and a 2.5 ltr slave cylinder for under $60. The photo for the 2.0 looks like mine and the 2.5 looks like what Ford sent to me.

Edited by MichaelD

• 2 months later...

Wow, George Alderman is still around? He has to be in his 70's at least! I grew up near his shop in Wilmington, DE….he was a Lotus 7 dealer years before he was

ever a Caterham dealer. Seeing that name really brought back memories! (among other things, I remember seeing him autocross a fierce 911 in the mid 80's).

• 1 month later...

I've been poring through my old Lotus 7 books lately and one of my bookmarks

turned out to be an old clipping of George announcing his new Caterham dealership.

The date of the newspaper is June 17, 1993. Just an fyi for anyone who might

find this interesting.

Scan.jpg