Two Sevens at Katie's - 09/05/15

rcollum

For the first time in a while, we had two Sevens at Katie's Cars & Coffee. This event, which runs every Saturday morning, always has interesting vehicles.

Please note that we will hold an event for Lotus (including all Seven variants) here at Katie's on Sunday, September 20th. (We are holding the Lotus event on a Sunday to avoid the crowds of Katie's on Saturdays.) -

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/showthread.php?10692-GYLO-10-Get-Your-Lotus-Out-Sunday-9-20-15-(All-types-of-Sevens-welcome!)

Michael D came out with his Caterham, and I brought mine. I include several pictures of other interesting vehicles from the morning.

--Bob Collum

Not from Katie's, but at the Sunday cars & coffee event at Dulles Landing, on 09/06/15. I figured folks here would appreciate a high-dollar custom like this Moal Aerosport. Built by Steve Moal, based on a 1936 Ford, it has a supercharged Thunderbird engine.

--Bob Collum

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9602[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9599[/ATTACH]

Sure thing, Michael - here are a few more from Saturday. Sorry, the ones I tried to take

on Georgetown Pike didn't work. Is the alignment on your front tires OK?

--Bob Collum

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9605[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9606[/ATTACH]

This is seriously ironic.

Just yesterday my wife and I took my Caterham to the Annapolis Cars and Coffee where a fellow we were chatting with said we really need to get over to Katie's sometime because he's never seen a Seven there!

Unfortunately, I may be traveling on the 20th or I'd be at the Lotus event in a heartbeat.

In any case, I hope to run into you other locals at some upcoming event soon.

Dave (formerly of Vermont, now installed in MD as of 6 weeks ago)

MichaelD, you have PM. I actually sent two because I forgot my physical address the first time, but the second one doesn't seem to show in my Sent items. So let me know if you didn't get it.

Hi Mike, I'm still around, but have been more in lurk mode lately for no particular reason. I do remember meeting the gang in Gettysburg, but would be hard pressed to put names with faces at this stage. I blame the CO and unburned HC's. :willy_nilly:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great morning in Great Falls, VA! It was cool and overcast, but we had a good amount of new-to-us cars, including some great Lotus... Only one Seven there today (mine).

That's a Lincoln Zephyr-based hot rod, running a flat-12 with three carbs. This car was just finished. There is a pic of the mechanic, crawling into the trunk, to hydraulically drop the car. The switches inside the cabin were not yet working. They had a separate button to retract the rear license plate first, so the plate didn't get crumpled when the car dropped.

--Bob Collum

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg