Northern Virginia Meet: Hunt Country Classic, 10/11/15

rcollum

The MG Car Club, Washington DC Centre holds a show every Columbus Day weekend, at a really nice venue in Middleburg, VA. We had 5 Lotus entered, (including my Caterham, and Jim Gordon's Lotus 7) and a couple of Elises there in support. A beautiful day in the country, with great driving roads, there & back! NoVA Lotus car club was well represented; Greg Foster arrived first in his Elan, I drove my Seven, Bob Scates had his Esprit, and the Neels brought out their Essex.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9704[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9705[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9703[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9706[/ATTACH]

Other vehicles of interest:

A brushed-steel Triumph 'Special'.

Kermit the Frog-eye.

Jensen Interceptor III Coupe.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

I'll try to post when I know of upcoming British car shows in the VA-MD-DC area. To that end...

The first big Brit car show in 2016 should be Britain on the Green, at Dunston Hall, VA. Held by the Capital Triumph Register. It will be on Sunday, April 24th, 2016.

I try to get to this one, and Hunt Country Classic, every year. I have not been going to Lillipons. It seems not as well run, and it's in the middle of hot weather, with no shade.

--Bob Collum

• 2 weeks later...