Sugino's Custom Built Seven

solder_guy

Note: I grabbed all the pics and description off eBay to archive it here. Often I want to show these pics .. and I always have a tough time finding them in the old posts .. so I am reposting them here.

Rob Mitchell

http://www.usa7s.com/forum/uploads/solderguy/2006-06-01_180615_silv1.jpg

Sugino's Custom Built Seven:

Lotus Super Seven (Caterham), Cosworth 2L BDP

Miles: 0

Year: 1962

VIN Number: AAV71338596A

Vehicle Description

1962 Lotus Super Seven (Caterham):

Custom built over the last 15 years with over 4000 hours of my time invested. This street legal car has a clear Arizona title, but has never been registered. This is a new car with zero miles. The car is very unique with everything polished aluminum, nickel plated, chrome plated, polished stainless steel, anodized aluminum or carbon fiber, but no paint. Nothing was spared during the build, only the highest quality components were used. I enjoy building cars and with this finished, it is time to sell it.

I am willing to sell the car without the engine (with supporting components) and or drivetrain.

Do not hesitate to contact me. Email me through Ebay and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Base Chassis:

1989 Caterham long cockpit DeDion (new, never used)

Chrome Moly Roll Bar (chrome plated)

Nickel Plated Chassis

Additional Bracing

Body:

New Skin

Alloy Nosecone (modified)

Alloy Front Cycle Wings (widened 1" )

Alloy Rear Cycle Wings (widened 2" )

Alloy Boot Cover

Full Carbon Fiber Underpan

Carbon Fiber Tunnel

Carbon Fiber Scuttle Panel

Carbon Fiber Scuttle Tray

Carbon Fiber Interior Back Panel

All Panels Attached With Aluminum Button Head Hardware

Front Suspension:

Custom Fully Adjustable Wide Double A-Arms

Modified Large Spindle Uprights

Aluminum Hub

ARP Wheel Studs

Adjustable Sway Bar

Double Adjustable Koni 3012 Aluminum Racing Shocks

Adjustable Spring Platforms

Carrera Springs (chrome)

Full NMB Rod Ends / Spherical Bearings

AN Hardware

Nickel Plated

Rear Suspension:

Custom Fully Adjustable Wide Double A-Arms

Custom Uprights

Sierra Hubs / Carriers

ARP Wheel Studs

Adjustable Sway Bar

Double Adjustable Koni 3012 Aluminum Racing Shocks

Adjustable Spring Platforms

Carrera Springs (chrome)

Full NMB Rod Ends

AN Hardware

Nickel Plated

Steering:

Custom Titan Aluminum Quick Ratio Steering Rack

Quick Release Steering Hub

Tubular Steering Shafr (Nickel Plated)

Alloy Borgeson U-Joints

Momo Steering Wheel

Brakes, Clutch, Throttle:

10" Vented Discs

AP CP2270 4-pot Calipers

Custom Aluminum Hats

Modified Tilton Pedal Assembly

Tilton Proportioning Valves

Scott Parking Brake (hydraulic)

CNC Emergency Brake

Stainless Steel Hard Lines

Teflon / Braided Stainless Steel Soft Lines

Girling Master Cylinders (3)

Girling Remote Reservoirs

Tilton 5.5" OT-III Twin Disc Metal Ceramic Rally Clutch

Tilton Aluminum Flywheel

Tilton Concentric Slave Assembly

CNC Hydraulic Throttle Assembly

Lotus Aluminum Bellhousing

Wheels, Tires:

Monocogue Racing Wheels (Custom) 9.5 x 13

Hoosier P225 / 45 D13 Street TD tires

Engine:

Cosworth 2.05L BDP (new from Cosworth Engineering)

Dyno Time Only

DA2 Inlet / Exhaust Camshafts

Piper Variable Cam Pulleys

Custom Stainless Steel Headers

Titan Aluminum Sump Pan

Cosworth Dry Sump System

Canton Oil Filter (6 micron)

Patterson Dry Sump Tank

Tilton Super Starter

Motec M4 Pro ECU

Wide Band Lambda

Wasted Spark Direct Fire Ignition

TWM 48mm Throttle Bodies

ITG Air Cleaner

Drivetrain:

Quaife Sequential 6-speed Straight Cut Dog Box

Alloy Maincase

Shifter Extension

(2.647, 2.012, 1.618, 1.337, 1.151, 1.000)

Sierra Differential (LSD 3.92:1)

Nickel Plated Propshaft / Driveshafts

Interior:

Tillet Carbon / Kevlar Seats

Schroth Racing 3" 6-Point Harness

Motec ADL 2 Dash

Interface to Motec M4 Pro

3-axis Acce

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmm shiny. I've been in a house-of-mirrors that was less reflective!

I hate to say it, but a very small part of me almost wants to see that car live on the be a show trailor queen.

Excellent job!

• 4 months later...

Here's a new pic of Sugino's car from the latest eBay Auction:

http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1664695526_sugino.jpg

We have over 500 photos of this car during its build process. It was assembled with great care and every attention to detail has been addressed. This is, without a doubt, the most extreme example of one of the most copied cars ever built.

Originally a 1989 Caterham Long Cockpit, Large Tube DeDion Chassis. The skin was stripped when new to build the current project over a sixteen year span with more than 4000 hrs invested. The car is titled as a 1960 Lotus, and is street legal. Everything is new. AN and ARP hardware used through out the car. Everything is either Nickel plated, Chrome plated, polished Aluminum, anodized Aluminum, polished stainless or carbon fiber. And nothing has paint.

Chassis:

The Chassis has been modified for independent rear suspension as well as front suspension modifications. It is Nickel Plated, has additional bracing to stiffen the structure and even has Carbon Fiber floor pans. The area around the engine/gearbox has also been filled. The dash, tunnel sides, interior back panel, scuttle panel, scuttle tray and misc. panels are also carbon fiber. There was over 500hrs spent in preparation for plating. The chassis was re-skinned with an aluminum nosecone and modified aluminum front and rear cycle wings. The front cycle wings were widened 1" and the rear wings widened 2". An aluminum boot cover was also fabricated.

Suspension:

The front suspension has custom double A-arms re-designed with a wider track, full double A-arms, adjustable anti-roll bar, Koni 3012 double adjustable Aluminum racing shocks. Carrera springs. All NMB rod ends and spherical bearings. The rear suspension has custom double A-arms, adjustable anti-roll bar, Koni 3012 double adjustable Aluminum racing shocks. Carrera springs. All NMB rod ends and spherical bearings. All AN hardware. All suspension is fully adjustable / rebuildable.

Brakes, Clutch, Throttle:

AP CP2270 4-pot calipers, 10" vented discs, custom hats, Girling master cylinders, modified Tilton pedal assembly, Tilton Proportioning valve, Scott parking brake (line lok), CNC emergency brake, stainless steel hard-lines and Aeroquip teflon / braided soft-lines. The throttle is a CNC hydraulic assembly. The clutch is a Tilton 5.5" twin disc rally OT-III with a Tilton lightened flywheel. A Tilton concentric slave assembly is also incorporated.

Wheels, Tires:

The wheels are Monocogue Racing Wheels (custom), 9.5 x 13 mounted with Hoosier P225 / 45 D13 Street TD tires using ARP wheel studs (longer).

Engine, Drivetrain:

The motor is a new 2L Cosworth BDP from Cosworth Engineering. It has 12.5:1 compression, DA2 inlet and exhaust cams, Piper Variable cam pulleys, custom stainless headers/exhaust Cosworth dry-sumped system, Titan aluminum sump and Tilton Super Starter. The Motec M4 Pro injection was setup by Hasslegren Racing. TWM 48mm throttle bodies were used along with a wide band lambda (with or without feedback control). The M4 Pro also controls the wasted spark direct fire ignition system. The fuel and ignition maps are fully configurable (key purchased). The engine has dyno-time only and produced 290 BHP at the flywheel. The alternator is a B & C aircraft alternator mounted on the front of the motor and driven from the inlet cam. An external linear regulator with over-voltage protection was installed. An ITG aircleaner was mounted externally to the engine compartment.The gearbox is a Quaife sequential 6-speed dog box with straight cut gears (2.647, 2.012, 1.618, 1.337, 1.151, 1.000) with alloy maincase and shifter extension. The Differential is a Ford Sierra LSD with 3.92:1 ratio. The driveshafts and propshaft are also Nickel plated.

Interior:

The seats are Tillet Carbon / Kevlar with 3" Schroth Racing 6-point harnesses.The dash utilizes a Motec ADL 2 u

beautiful car...absolutly gorgeous..

but who would want to drive it? How much fun would it be? would you truly enjoy the "se7en" experience?

one trip in the rain or a dusty road one bug or stone scratch and your finished!

it would make an awesome museum piece.