2003 SV for sale

Guest Seventony

Guest Seventony

For Sale: 2003 Caterham Super Seven SV, $33,000 obo. Built in UK, with 1.8 K-Series Engine.

Toured Australia on honeymoon. Shipped, without engine, to Huntsville, Alabama in 2004.

“200 bhp” specification engine purchased from Caterham USA, 2004. 4 throttle bodies.

Titled in Alabama, 2005. 21,000 miles

5 Speed, LSD, Heater, Tonneau, Top, Sun Top (regular top with no window material), touring box (bolts to rear of chassis - spare wheel carrier bolts to chassis or box - easily removed - could be modified to race wheel carrier or similar), UK flag color scheme (painted blue with white front wings, red/white vinyl easily removed), electrical cutoff switch. Original Caterham MSO. Alabama title.

Contact: Anthony Boyd, 256-652-4800, seventy at comcast dot net

155_5580.jpg155_5584.jpgIMG_1466.jpgIMG_1654.jpg

Is the car also licensed for the street in Alabama, or does it just have an Alabama (Titles Unlimited sourced) title, with the UK registration still in play?

Also, how does the title read?

Guest Seventony

Yes, the engine is a Zetec. I believe that it is a "Ford Focus" engine.

Yes, the car is licensed for the street in Alabama. I'll have to look at how the title reads. Not sure what you mean but I'll look it over tonight.

Yes, the engine is a Zetec. I believe that it is a "Ford Focus" engine.

Yes, the car is licensed for the street in Alabama. I'll have to look at how the title reads. Not sure what you mean but I'll look it over tonight.

Apologies if I'm misinformed, but "K-Series" has always meant a Rover engine. That said, there was a 1.8 litre Ford Zetec, and the photo seems to show a "Z" on the cam cover, so I'd want more info first.

Also, titles are one thing, but does this car have a current road tag and insurance in Alabama? (or any US state?) (again, photos suggest they were taken in Europe).

thx

Guest Seventony

The car was originally supplied, in 2003, with a 1.8 K-Series engine. However, to ship the car to the US, I sold the K-Series engine in the UK and shipped the car (less engine) to the US in 2004. I purchased the Ford Zetec 2litre from Caterham USA in 2005 and titled the car in Alabama in 2005. The car has a current Alabama tag (i'll get a picture tomorrow) and is insured for the road. The first and second photos were actually taken in Australia, ready to ship back to the UK after the honeymoon. The engine picture was taken in my driveway in Huntsville and the last photo was my wife picking the car up after a service. In Alabama I don't need a front license plate, so I've kept the original British one I had when the car was originally titled in the UK.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Seventony

Yup. Godffrey's gone to Kentucky.

I've now got to look out for the next project to fill that garage space:)