2003 Superformance S1 (>14k miles, zetec)

carphoria

2003 Superformance S1 - NY

I've been on the fence regarding selling the car. I've had it for a year, and it's a blast! I have autoX-ed it a few times and I want to do more track/autoX, which would mean adding a cage, and stripping out some of the "comfort" features, and changing the body. This car is an AMAZING road car, with the removable roof, etc. So rather than tear it apart, I think I'll sell, and buy something either ready to race, or that's less sacrilege to tear apart.

A lot of the description below is from the post last year, with some of my own edits, etc.

Less than 14k miles total.

Color is Maya Green.

Clear 3M paint protection film on the nose cone. Carbon Fiber wrap on the front cycle wings and rear fenders.

Factory assembled: Fit and finish is superb. Bodywork is fiberglass and aluminum, entire under tray of the car is clad in aluminum with a fiberglass rear diffuser and Kevlar sump guard. Removable doors have windows that slide up and down. Canvas top, can be used as a T-top or stored in a bag in the trunk.

The interior has a carbon fiber dash with oil pressure, tach, oil temp, water temp, speedo, and clock. Adjustable steering wheel. The seats are great fitting with 5 point Willans harnesses. The seats do not move but the pedals are on a carriage and they move by turning a large aluminum knob under the dash.

There is a lockable glove box (currently removed), fresh air ventilation with two speed fan assist, heater, and a windshield with electronic defroster... Plus a 5 cubic feet trunk with a solid cover that locks.

All very handy luxuries in the Seven world. Great road car

Engine was a brand new Ford Zetec 2 liter 16 valve duel overhead cam ‘Crate Motor’ which received various performance enhancements. Crane Cam’s. Webcon Alpha Gold Fuel Injection system. Ceramic coated header, K&N full flow aluminum air box.

Alpha engine management system - includes 3 chips offering various levels of performance. (currently has the "mid-level" chip installed)

5 Speed, fast shifting short throw transmission. Ford Type 9.

4 piston Wilwood Calipers all round. Dual master cylinders with front/rear brake bias adjustment.

Uprated EBC brake pads

Tires are Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 (Extreme Performance Summer)

The S1 will come with the full build manual as well as other supporting documentation.

Has an Ohio 'Assembled Vehicle' Vin. Currently titled in New York.

Also included:

Extra set of wheels, additional engine management chips. Plus 3 boxes containing various components - wheel center caps, throttle body cables,

rubber hoses for radiator, body weather trim, clutch release bearing, pulleys, suspension parts, various seals and gaskets.

SOLD!

Best way to reach me is email. carphoria [at] gmail, or PM with questions

2015-08-25 14.03.42.jpg

2015-08-25 14.05.53.jpg

2015-08-25 14.06.52.jpg

2015-08-25 14.07.14.jpg

Edited by carphoria