FS: 2007 Westfield Mazda Sport 2600 Miles Located in North Carolina

WestfieldRaleigh

2007 Westfield Seven Mazda Sport. This car was used as the Westfield Factory Display at the 2007 Carlisle Kit Car Nationals, and additionally created quite a stir at the 7-7-7 anniversary show that year. The car was finished by the Eastern US distributor Autopro Motorsport, and carries a Westfield VIN. The car is titled, however, as a 2007 Special Construction here in NC.

Powered by a 1992 Mazda 1.6 long nose crank engine, this car was featured on several websites and in a few magazines when new. The builder originally sold the car on USA7s.net, and I will be repeating a lot of his description here, as the car traveled only an additional 1100 miles in the past 8 years. Current mileage is 2600. Weight was quoted in an article about this car on Jalopnik.com, at 1130 lbs. I haven't verified this though.

This car was built with the Mazda based kit, and was upgraded with a powder coated chassis and suspension, race seats on slide mounts, quick-release steering wheel, lowered floor (builder was 6' 6"), 5-point 3 inch race harnesses, quick steering rack, nylon suspension bushings, electrically heated windshield, long-range fuel tank, removable rear fenders, trunk tonneau cover, Westfield shift knob, Westfield-RAC roll bar, soft doors, and Kosei 15" wheels with Hankook Ventus tires.

All donor components were painted/reconditioned to look better than new. Additional new parts at time of build include slotted and cross drilled brake rotors with new pads, new water pump, new Delphi radiator, timing belt with tensioner, plugs and wires, front and rear crank seals, trans input and output seals, clutch, clutch slave cylinder, shift lever seal, valve cover gasket, thermostat, header gaskets, and a K&N Air Filter. Recently, I did an oil change with Mobil 1, and a K&N Oil Filter.

The build quality of this car is second-to-none. I believe this car to be one of the best-built Sevens in the US, and it's basically brand new. Obviously, it would cost quite a bit more than my asking price to purchase the kit, options, and donor parts, and this one is ready to enjoy this Spring!

Search Westfield Autopro Motorsports, and you will find quite a few links to stories about this car. Additionally, there is a small writeup and photo in the Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car issue of April 2010. I can point you to a few links, as well. E-mail with any questions, or for lots of pictures.

$24,000. Will consider partial trade for interesting street cars, performance SUV or other sports cars.

I think one of the car magazines tested it and some other 7's back in '07 or '08 and prounced this one just right-great combo of handling and power. If more power is needed, ask Flyin Miata. They have lots of turbo-charge options for Miata engines. They even turbo-charged their own identical Miata powered Westfield, as I recall. Probably lots of info on their website. They mite have a supercharger that would be easier to fit as well...???

Should I be fearful of a motor from 1992? 24 years old just scares me, probably because I don't know what I don't know and at first blush that's more of the turn-off than power. Again, car looks amazing and I hope I've not highjacked this thread.

I wouldn't worry about the engine. The stuff that goes bad has been mostly replaced, and Miata engines have an excellent reputation. I do recommend you talk to the seller more about the history of the engine. If you are really concerned, you can get a Mazda factory remanufactured engine for $3500. or a factory new engine for $5k. http://www.srmotorsports.com/SpecMiataEngine.html Go ask your local Mazda dealership if they would be willing to make the swap for you. They may or may not. Failing that, there are plenty of Spec Miata race shops around the country that would be happy to swap engines for you.

Dan

Should I be fearful of a motor from 1992? 24 years old just scares me, probably because I don't know what I don't know and at first blush that's more of the turn-off than power. Again, car looks amazing and I hope I've not highjacked this thread.

Skip Cannon and I can tell you from vast experience with Miatas that the 1.6L engine is a rock solid item that can go for 100's of thousands of miles (my old 91 race car had 380,000 miles of hard use, with just normal, by the book maintenance for the drivetrain) without an issue. Plenty of power adders and tweaks available as well.

Bill S.

Congratulations Dan! I believe that now makes 2 recent se7ens purchases in the Oaks, Pa area. What's going on up there?

Maybe we'll see one or both of you at the Se7ens gathering at NJMP this year? Good luck with the new purchase, Tom

Great Dan. I'll put you down as spectating for now. Let me know if you will want to join in on the fun on track. This will be the first Westfield to make the event. So all we are missing now is the very elusive Storker. We have had a few but they are a very rare bird that some folks think have a destructive bent and are now an endangered species. :jester: Pm me your email info and we will get you on our distribution list for the registration link once we get all the details sorted out. See you there. Tom