2016 East Coast Sevens HPDE and Social Event in Millville NJ

Croc

All signed up. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Hope my new tires are in before then. On a slow boat from England.

Thanks Mike and Tom!!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also just signed up for the go-karting, spectating and BBQ'ing :smilielol5::smilielol5: Will have my camera and might even put a few words together for Low Flying....

I am going to register this week, right after the Westfield clears PA enhanced inspection (Yes, I have her, drove to NC and trailered back in a 30 hour period).

Just to clarify, does everyone have/ need 5 year old or less FIA belts per the tech form. I feel like that's only required at NJMP/ in NJ State for racing; not HPDE??? Perhaps my info is old as my last summer of track days was in 2010. Even if not required, is this something I should take more seriously, do they actually go bad from time alone? What's on the car look pristine, but then again, so do the 8 year old tires...

Dan

Is there an expiry date on the belts? If so then you need to replace them. One of my cars has an expiry date and if expired then I need to replace to run. If no expiry date like my other car then NJMP will not require me to replace. The thinking is that belts deteriorate/stretch with age hence the expiry date.

That position is the view of the NJ State Police who interpret the application of State Law Article 62 which governs use of motor racing facilities in NJ. Given the new trooper overseeing NJMP is a hard ass who has already banned one of my (non-7) cars from running an NJMP HPDE because of a strict constructionist view of belts and roll cage then you are not going to win this battle by pleading to NJMP or the trooper (ask me how I know!).

I am also aware of the absurdity of this view as I tested it two years back with my maroon seven. It has both the undated Caterham harness and undated DOT belts. When I was told to prove the harness as being in date I said it was not possible as it had no expiry. So I insisted on running the 3 point DOT belts that day. NJMP had to admit that I was legally correct to do so as much as they thought it was an unsafe solution (and I agree with NJMP). This legal stupidity is why Porsche Crash Club track days allow participants to go out driving with 40 year old DOT seat belts that have no expiry date. :banghead:

Anyway, don't you want to be safe? Do you know if the previous owned accidentally stretched the belts? Isn't it peace of mind to update the belts with new ones to protect you? ;)

Cheers

mike

PS - 8 year old tires? hmmm.....

Edited by Croc

Definitely going with new tires. 888s or NT01's. I've already hunted through the forum to source that intel.

I guess I'll just do the new belts. Seems so wasteful, but I didn't buy the car to be rational.

With just about six weeks to go, we are seeing the registrations come in. Get those cars prepped and ready. Make sure you've booked a hotel reservation and start working on your tall tales. It will be here before you know it. Maybe spring will arrive by July as well.

Ran into Dave H. at NJMP today. He said that he and his son are ready for all comers as they will vigorously defend their Karting Trophy. And He bought a New Carbonfiber Simpson Bandit Helmet to reduce weight and reduced drag. :driving:

Current list of those indicating they are coming, with registered noted.

1) Croc, Caterham Registered

2) Yellowss7, Caterham Registered

3) Kitcat, Caterham Registered

4) Michael D, Caterham Registered

5) Dave D, Superformance S1 Registered

6) FE07, Caterham Registered

7) JBH, Caterham Registered

8) Simon 450, Caterham Registered

9) RGTorque, WCM Ultralight

10)Wemdt, Birkin Registered

11)TBox 56, Birkin Registered

12)Fmorser, Locost Registered

13)Sk400, Caterham Registered

14)Birkin Dave & son., Birkin

15) George H., Birkin

16) Scott L., Caterham Registered

17) Norm B., Caterham

18) d15b7, Caterham/lotus Registered

19) BBall7754, Something shiny.

20) Redgoose, Caterham

21) Dan3030, Westfield Registered

22) Dr. Doug NJMP member, Caterham

23) Jeff S., Caterham

24) Matt C. Westfield BEC

Spectating only:

1) Blokko Registered

; Today at 05:51 PM.

Edited by yellowss7

Alright - got my car professionally aligned (front wheels).. I had it done manually with strings and 2x4's last yr..

1/ front camber exactly -2.8 degs on both sides

2 / toe - neutral exactly.. I think i'm going to miss toe out feeling a bit but lets' see. at least im starting from a neural base and can play easily with toe in toe out to my liking.

3/ the rear train is not too off, with minimum thrust 0.03 degs.. so quite happy about that

4/ have attempted to tune the weight distribution by measuring height but let's see. I think i'm still going to lock those wheels on heavy breaking

the only thing is that i will be running with my zzr tires that i bought last year.. hope they are still good and sticky

Simon - have you installed your blower yet? Are we all going to be in trouble?

Also, got myself a garmin camera. It automatically displays speed and G forces on the D video it takes. look forward to trying this cool toy.

talk soon

Well, a wedding popped up that cancels my racing plans for the weekend of 6/30 - 7/3. The good news is I think I can now make the Sunday track day - I'm in!

With just over a month to go, this year's event is shaping up nicely. Croc has nailed down all the details and it looks like we are going to have to reserve a bigger area in the paddock for our group. Bring a tent if you have one and we will set up a tent city for all to gather around in between sessions on track.

Current list of those indicating they are coming, with registered noted.

1) Croc, Caterham Registered

2) Yellowss7, Caterham Registered

3) Kitcat, Caterham Registered

4) Michael D, Caterham Registered

5) Dave D, Superformance S1 Registered

6) FE07, Caterham Registered

7) JBH, Caterham Registered

8) Simon 450, Caterham Registered

9) RGTorque, WCM Ultralight Registered

10)Wemdt, Birkin Registered

11)TBox 56, Birkin Registered

12)Fmorser, Locost Registered

13)Sk400, Caterham Registered

14)Birkin Dave & son., Birkin Registered

15) George H., Birkin

16) Scott L., Caterham Registered

17) Norm B., Caterham Registered

18) d15b7, Caterham/lotus Registered

19) BBall7754, Something shiny.

20) Dan3030, Westfield Registered

21) Matt C. Westfield BEC Registered

Spectating only:

1) Blokko Registered

2) Black Hole Registered

3) Ottocycle Registered

Edited by yellowss7

Since my harness were way out of date I ordered a new set from Caterham Parts in the UK. They were at my door the very next day! Those guys don't screw around...IMG_6297.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No changes in Registration in the past week, but I know that some people are just procrastinators. :toetap05::toetap05: Looking forward to seeing you again Tom. The Birkins are making a good showing this year. The Storker guys however seem to be coming up a bit stork, I mean Short. :smilielol5:

Mike has a great stash of trophies for those that excel at the event. I got the long range forecast from the Millvile weather girl and It's going to be Spectacular.

Don has promised to once again provide a fabulous BBQ spread with Chef Murray once again manning the grill.

So for anyone still on the fence, it's not too late to get in on the fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Tom

After some discussions with wemted and croc I have now signed up as a spectator. I have been contemplating buying a 7 for a while and I am not looking to buy a car. Their enthusiasm for this event was infectious so I have signed up to spectate (and hopefully get some rides) on Saturday to see the various 7s and learn about the various types to help me make a decision on what is right for me. At this time I have driven an original Lotus 7A with a race BMC motor and got a ride in wemtd's fantastic Birkin. I look forward to meeting everyone there.

Jay

Spoke with Don yesterday at the CF Charities SuperCar Car show. He was being blown around quite a bit even with his temporary third leg. He say he will be all healed and back on two by the event/party. Still unclear how Chef Murray will top himself this year... but it will happen.

This is not an event to miss.

Roman - the procrastinator.

kitcat - yes, I am actively looking to find a car (that I can register in CT). So if I find the right car I am ready to buy, Currently working to figure out the exact requirements for CT. We are not the easiest state to register a car in!