2016 East Coast Sevens HPDE and Social Event in Millville NJ

Croc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael - Unfortunately not everyone likes their real name being open on the forum out in the public. Its up to the individuals. I can do a handout sheet for people at the event and then you have to match them up to faces.

Speaking of Buddy....is he turning up?

Yes. I think a handout would be helpful: name, stage name, car make, and color.

Of course Buddy is coming along with Karen we will be camping at the Fairfield Marriott as usual.

kitcat - yes, I am actively looking to find a car (that I can register in CT). So if I find the right car I am ready to buy, Currently working to figure out the exact requirements for CT. We are not the easiest state to register a car in!

Black Hole, suggest that you don't even try to figure out CT regulations having gone through the process. It's hellish and very subjective. There is a better way. Send me a PM

Two weeks to go and by now, some of our long distance attendees will already have been on the road for a day or two. You guys are just plain hard core. :flag: Mike an I will be there early on Friday to reserve the paddock area we will set up in. Same as in prior years, just more room. We've heard from half of the procrastinators, :troll: and they will be signing up shortly. I still think we will be pushing 20 cars at the event. Those of you in the area that don't track your car but like 7s, can still come on over and socialize. The more the merrier. Tom

Tom: Remind everyone (incl me) what the best way into NJ is for those of us coming from the west. I know Philly is an epic diaster and folks on I-80 need to drop way down past it, but where? I will be heading north on I-95.

First timers beware: traffic on the interstates in and around Baltimore, DC, Wilmington and the fore-mentioned Philly is atrocious, esp Friday afternoon and evening. Once you enter NJ all is well, it is getting there that is murder (esp pulling a trailer in the cut & thrust East Coast traffic).

Coming from the South on I-95, you may hit a bunch of traffic as you mentioned. DO NOT go into Philly!!!! From I-95 going North, get off at RT 322 EAST which goes over the Commodore Barry Bridge. Stay on 322 East and then take RT 55 South. Get off at exit 24 even if your nav is screaming at you to take exit 27 or 26 DO NOT take them pulling a trailer. Go the extra three miles to Exit 24. The exit is easy and trailer friendly.

Take the right off the exit on to Rt 49 and go a couple miles to CEDAR Street. Take a left on Cedar st. (there is a single overhead flashing yellow light there) Go up one block to the light and go LEFT onto RACE Street. Follow Race to DIVIDING Creek road. go Right on Divining creek road, Track will be up the road about a mile on the right. Go to the main entrance with the sign and Flag.

I'd recommend anyone coming in from the West on the Pa Turnpike to get off at Downingtown, And take route 202 South to Route 3 East or North, cant remember which, but definitely not west or South. Take Rt. 3 to Route 353 South, go RIGHT on rt 352 South.

Follow Rt 352 to Rt 452 South, going RIGHT on 452 south. Follow 452 S for a couple miles to CONCORD Road, and Go left on to Concord Rd. Follow Concord Rd. for a few miles and after you go under a railroad over pass, look for the Sign for Rt 322 East on your Right, it comes up fast. Take that street which is ENGLE street to the second light, and go LEFT on 9th Street following the signs for R 322 East. The exit for Rt 322 East/ Commodore Barry Bridge is on your right about 100 yards after you make the right on 9th st.

Stay to the right and take the exit ramp up onto the Bridge. Follow the Rest of the directions above for Rt 322 East to Rt 55 South to NJMP.

Croc Feel free to correct my directions as I was born breach and have a great sense of balance but horrible sense of Direction. REALLY.:ack:

Tom

An alternative if you are coming from the south, i.e. heading north on I-95. Cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge following the I-295/NJ Turnpike signs. Take the Rt 49 south exit (its not numbered and is before exit 1) towards Salem and then Bridgeton. just past the center of Bridgeton you can then pick up Buckshutem Road by branching right and run it straight to the track. This is backroads driving, pleasant, not too congested. It also has the advantage of being a straight line route from the Delaware Bridge so shorter miles.

If you miss that exit then no problem, stay on the NJ Turnpike to exit 2 and then pick up Rt322 east to Rt 55 south and then get off at Exit 24 and follow Tom's directions above.

I won't comment on the directions from the west - don't know that well enough.

From the north its always the NJ Turnpike - south to Exit 2, pick up Rt 322 East then Rt 55 south to exit 24. If the NJ Turnpike has one of its usual traffic melt downs then if you are exit 7A or lower then use your GPS to exit and get you the mile west to I-295 south and follow it south as a substitute to the NJ Turnpike. It has a Rt 322 exit plus it also has the Rt 46 east exit which also connects you to Rt 55 south. So even if traffic craps out you have options to keep on rolling.

I tried at 2 different times to pay for track access and the Saturday night BBQ but I get a note saying "A network error has occourred. Please try again". I sent the registration company a note advising them of this and hopefully they will correct it but I wanted to let people know to keep trying and contact the company if you cannot register. (The squeaky wheel gets the grease"). Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend,

Cheers,

Dermot.

Dermot, The site is working for me now. Let me know if you still have problems and if you do I will add you on my registration and pay on my credit card and you can give me the cash Saturday.

Coming down the home stretch. Less that a week now, so finish up your polishing, checking your tire pressures and loading up the trailers.

I dropped off my yellow car at Croc's NJMP garage on Friday and will load up the Orange one in a few more days after some last minute maintenance is done. For those of you with longer drives, take it easy and be safe. We will have the paddock area reserved and tents and refreshments set up for you when you arrive. Looking forward to a few days of sun, fun and lots of laughs. Don't forget your bathing suits as we do have access to the pool. See you soon. Tom

And for some people, put their engines and transmissions back in so that your cars will be running for the event! Its amazing how 3 people a week out from this event are in the midst of sorting clutches out! :willy_nilly:

I will be at the track from Thursday night on. So if you arrive early I will be at the garage (building near the villas) doing a little washing and cleaning - cars and garage. Saturday lunch is now a BBQ at my garage and at Jerry's, my garage neighbor.

Remember 3pm on Friday is for karting. Bring your helmet! NJMP will provide driving suit and neck collar. :driving: Trophies are on offer.