Traded Corners for Scenery

Automoda

Driving the seven is a different experience now that I've moved out of the city and into the desert. There are no corners for forty miles above 35mph. If you take off or stop quickly, there's nobody to notice. The scenery, though, is amazing right from the front door. Several times per day I have to just stop and take it in. I've been having some fun with the camera and I'm sure I'll be taking a lot of pictures in the future. Here are a few recent ones:

statefarm_quarter_01.jpg

This picture was taken a couple miles up the road from the house at Millsite Reservoir.

statefarm_passenger_01.jpg

Another shot. These were pictures for State Farm's records when I changed insurance companies.

sanrafael_03.jpg

Today I took a little road trip. It was a short drive but I wanted to explore the shortcut, route 803 that links up with I70.

sanrafael_01.jpg

Quite an elevation change when you get to the middle of the uplift zone in the San Rafael Swell.

sanrafael_02.jpg

Looking out at the sandstone. I'm going to have to take the horses or pack goats here sometime soon.

sanrafael_04.jpg

I wish more of my in-car pictures had turned out. I can never get the camera to focus correctly.

Anyhow, since I've moved to the deep desert, my next project is going to be my 1950 Jeepster. It'll be a little more practical for the area.

I'll add more pictures to this thread as time goes on. Just anything 7 related or other fun pictures.

my Superformance resided in Ticaboo and there are some real nice although higher speed (and more dangerous) took it from bullhead to boulder on the burr trail once (bit rough and dusty) now in lower desert. john

black_layer_01.jpg

Yeah thats the problem with some of these roads this time of year. The asphalt has shed some bits of grit and you have to take it a little slower. But thats ok because it'd be a shame to miss the scenery.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

20_June_2019.jpg

Route70_01.jpg

Headed out at 0-Dark-30 and did my usual drive before the heat o' the day got me. Its been a wet year. The desert is really in bloom. I did my part to reduce the gnat population, judging by my windshield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...