Croc

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike. I'm all set & registered!

Test drive to Vermont and back yesterday went well. I also tested out a pair of Puma's and think they're going to sever me better than my usual swim flippers.

2533.jpg

Does anyone that is attending have a Tire Pyrometer? I have never used one of the seven and was thinking of buying one if there was not one available. Being there for 2 days we probably should make some attempt to get the car setup better for the second day.

Graham

Mike and I just heard from a couple of V8 Storker owners who have said that they plan on attending this year. It will be good to have the Stalkers back in the paddock. So right now assuming everyone that expressed interest shows up, we could be at 22 or more 7s at the event. Birkins, Westfield, WCM ultralight, Stalkers, Caterhams, Superformance S1, and a couple of home built 7s. A pretty good representation of the Se7en community. Still time for anyone else thinking about attending to sign up. Or just show up and hang out with us if you don't want to put your car on track. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some new attendees.

Tom

Edited by yellowss7

The attendance list I am tracking has the following commitments/registrations:

1 Tom G - Orange SV Duratec and Yellow S3 Rover K series Caterham

2 Jeff H - blue S3 Caterham zetec

3 Mike M - blue S3 Caterham zetec

4 Fred M - bike engined Locost

5 Roman - Honda S2000 Ultralite

6 Paul U- green Birkin zetec

7 Seb K - red duratec S3 Caterham

8 Dan F - orange Westfield Miata

9 Tom C - Birkin XS Duratec

10 Dermot M - blue Caterham SV with Miata turbo power

11 Graham - Locost with Honda K series engine (Thanks for the correction Graham)

12 Mario - Stalker LS engine with patriotic Stars and Stripes

13 Rick - 800hp LS engined Stalker

14 Jay F - Caterham SV Duratec

15 Mike J - Caterham CSR Cosworth and Caterham SV zetec

16 Dave D with his Superformance S1 zetec (with his lovely "pit assistant" Bev!)

17 Todd with his vintage Caterham crossflow

18 Dave H with his Birkin

So 18 drivers with 20 cars there at this point.

Possibility of Chris S with his 1962 Lotus 7 - assuming he can get it ready in time.

And I still dont have some stars in:

- Steve M with his Mallock Clubman?

- Jim A?

- possibly Michael D if he has not sold his car?

- Where's Simon W?

- Matt with his Westfield

- George H with his Birkin

Hope some of you guys can join us?

Visitors - I have heard from Amos and Blake about attending. just a reminder that if you are visiting you will need to register and pay the fee if you wish to come out on track with an instructor and join us for breakfast/lunch, etc or Don's Saturday night party.

If you are potentially shopping for a seven, come and check out the event for a day or two. You can try on all the major seven types in one day, chat with knowledgeable owners, see how they perform and meet a bunch of really fun people. You will come away as an informed buyer being smart about your potential purchase.

Edited by Croc

Mike, Tom and the rest of the group,

Sorry but won't be able to get there this year :(. Family vacation plans and of course only time it worked was around the 4th. So... Montreal and Quebec City instead of NJMP.

Seems I just got the idle and fuel delivery issue I was having solved as well by switching to a different ECU George Alderman happened to have sitting in his shop. Hope to get up with you another time before next year!!

Be thinking of all the fun I'll be missing that weekend. Hope everyone has a blast and remember............keep it on the black stuff!! No agricultural racing.

Jim A.

Sorry to hear that you cannot make it Jim. We will miss you and Kitcat will have an off-track excursion in your honor.

Good to hear Steve. You are betting odds for the polisher award based on your past performance with the mirror finish on your cars! :seeya:

Updated for the last 24 hours

The attendance list I am tracking has the following commitments/registrations:

11 Graham - Locost with Honda K series engine (Thanks for the correction Graham)

16 Dave D with his Superformance S1 zetec (with his lovely "pit assistant" Bev!)

19 Steve M with his Mallock Clubman

20 Matt (Spc_cwby) with his Caterham 620R (assuming he gets it done in time - c'mon Matt!)

21 Simon W with his slower than Seb Caterham R300

So 21 drivers with 23 cars there at this point.

Possibility of Chris S with his 1962 Lotus 7 - assuming he can get it ready in time.

- George H with his Birkin

Visitors - I have heard from Amos and Blake about attending. just a reminder that if you are visiting you will need to register and pay the fee if you wish to come out on track with an instructor and join us for breakfast/lunch, etc or Don's Saturday night party.

If you are potentially shopping for a seven, come and check out the event for a day or two. You can try on all the major seven types in one day, chat with knowledgeable owners, see how they perform and meet a bunch of really fun people. You will come away as an informed buyer being smart about your potential purchase.

Edited by Croc

Three weeks to go everyone.. three weeks! I can't wait. Now hoping for good weather.

Unfortunately my family will be n Montreal already, an unable to join... but my Mother in Law who lives in Phily, and a bit of a car enthusiast, wants to come as a guest for a day. yes.. she is pretty cool.

Arm restraints. I have never used arm restraints before, but I can see the reasoning. So what should I look for? are there any option or advantages with different brands.

Graham

UPDATED - The attendance list I am tracking has the following commitments/registrations:

19 Steve M with his Mallock Clubman

20 Matt (Spc_cwby) with his Caterham 620R (assuming he gets it done in time - c'mon Matt!)

21 Simon W with his slower than Seb Caterham R300

22 George H with his Birkin

So 22 drivers with 24 cars there at this point (25 cars if Mario brings his S2 up for display).

Justt dropped off my Yellow Caterham at the CrocPit. Now there are 4 Se7ens there. Only 2 more Weeks to go. TBox56 is probably almost packed and ready to head out. :seeya:

Croc's selection of trophies this year is outstanding. Assuming everyone makes it, this will be a new record turnout even with a few of the regulars missing due to family commitments. Still two weeks to get your act together and join us if you are on the fence. Where else are you going to see 20+++ Sevens at and on the track together and get to hang out with a bunch of other 7 nuts. Plus the food and drinks aren't bad either. Don't forget your bathing suit as the pool is open.

I might even have to clean the rubber off my car as Croc was polishing his cars when I left. :leaving: Tom

Edited by yellowss7

...Croc was polishing his cars when I left.

:rofl: No chance. Every other car plus my day job were being worked on.

Mustang got a new battery so it is now fighting fit again.

CSL electrical issues are making headway. Even the handling issues we are making progress on.

Now a starter for the cigarette packet Holden to make it mobile again would be wonderful.