New Caterham 360 SV Kit available

BruceBe

Currently, production lead-time for Caterham Sevens is pushed out to 2019 for Rollers, and early summer 2018 for kits. However, we do have *one* Caterham Seven 360 SV kit floating across the pond right now. We should have it in our hands sometime over the next 2-3 weeks.

Configuration:

• Kit - 360, SV chassis
  • 180HP/5-speed
  • Quad piston front calipers and ventilated rotors
  • Momo QR steering wheel
  • Carbon dash
  • Heater
  • Fully carpeted interior
  • Lowered floors
  • Leather seats
  • Full windscreen and weather gear
  • 15" Orcus wheels/ZZS tyres
  • Silver aero filler cap
  • Black pack
  • Unpainted aluminum skin, w/black nosecone/wings

As this is an uncommitted kit, we brought it over unpainted - we can paint the Seven to buyer's specification at additional cost. We also offer assembly services, for those that want to skip the DIY aspects.

Vroom, vroom

-Bruce

Bruce, I know if I have to ask, I probably can't afford it :redface: However, if one of us were to have you assemble the kit and add a nice paint job, about how much money would we be talking about FOB the State of Washington? I had followed with interest your reports a while back that Caterham had rescaled their prices downward and maybe this unspoken for beauty is within the reach of some of us less wealthy folks that may only be able to dream? In reading other posts, you and your outfit seem to have garnered an excellent reputation through racing and doing the right things. Bob

Edited by Astro Bob

Hi,

In kit form, this particular car is in the mid $45K range, inclusive of powertrain. While we are about to revisit our pricing structure on professional assembly services, currently, we charge $5K for kit assembly on a wet-sump configuration, which this particular car is. I would budget between $2500-3500 for paint.

Shoot me a PM or e-mail, and we can get into more of the nitty-gritty.

Best,

-Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump, to make this more visible.

And a question. Bruce when you say this vehicle is roughly $45K "inclusive" of powertrain, it sounds like that price includes the 180 hp Duratec and a 5sp transmission. That can't be right??? If it is tho, that's quite the bargain on a new Caterham SV of this medium level spec, even unpainted and in kit form.

Edited by Kitcat

That can't be right??? If it is tho, that's quite the bargain

The UK pound has fallen a long long way. So buying a Caterham has become far more "affordable" (its a relative term) for the first time in a very long time.

Mike is correct - the pound has been favorable, but slowly creeping upward. Since this kit is in-stock and on the ground at our facility, the pricing is reflective of that favorable exchange rate.

The kit price is inclusive of powertrain.

Cheers,

-Bruce

• 1 month later...