Global warming

Global warming and local/regional weather are, by definition, different. The eastern 1/2 of the US had had subnormal temperatures for the last 15 years. In that same period, the average temperature in the Arctic has gone up 7+ degrees. And with no signs of slowing up, the massive ice melt will eventually be knocking on the front door of a lot of shore properties. Like YellowSS's:).

Happy New Year Mike! Just like all politics are local, well, I'm freezing my butt of here in Philly. As for my Beach Property, all I can say is I still have tenant in it this week. Rentals for the Spring, Summer and Fall are sold out. If the water rises, the walk to the surf will be just a little shorter. Property values aren't declining. I don't think the rich boys in Malibu are dumping their beach homes either. But then again I'm not a snowflake like some. :jester: You are the best in my book. We've always had great discussions. Can't wait to see you again on track. Stay warm. Tom

I am loving the global warming, without it, here in the Midwest, we would still be under the glaciers.

It depends on your time scale. More recently, there were productive farms on Greenland in the 12th century AD. Or earlier, when there was enough vegetation under the north slope of Alaska that has become enough oil to drill economically. Yeah, plate tectonics have moved the continents in the past 90 million years, but that latitude hasn't changed much.

Time scale is extremely important.

Many years ago, the river that cut the Grand Canyon was just a creek running along the surface. It's a mile deep now.

Judging/predicting weather based on your own lifespan is foolish.

• 3 years later...

I made it through his whole presentation after several attempts.   Seems to have the facts to back up his conclusions.  Makes a good case to follow the science eh.    But most knuckleheads will continue to support “consensus”. 

Thanks for posting it.  Tom

3 hours ago, yellowss7 said:

I made it through his whole presentation after several attempts.   Seems to have the facts to back up his conclusions.  Makes a good case to follow the science eh.    But most knuckleheads will continue to support “consensus”. 

Thanks for posting it.  Tom

We lose all our ice cars over the CO2 bs.

Edited by 924s

Oh vey. These are tired tropes. Speaking of BS. There are literally no good points here. It isn’t “Science” with a capital S like it is some sort of magic, it is hypothesis, testing, revisions to hypothesis and merciless scrutiny to peer review. I love racing and cars but c’mon guys we can do better than this. 

https://skepticalscience.com/William_Happer_arg.htm

And I'd appreciate everyone keeping item 7 from the Guidelines in mind when posting.  Disagreements are fine, being an ass is not.  And yes, you can quote me on that.

7) Politics: from time to time we'll hit a hot button issue. For the most part we have been able to keep the posts on-topic and issue focused. As long as that continues, we can enjoy a civil discussion. When the name calling starts it lowers the enjoyment of the forum for all of us.

Thanks,

John