Save the Date - 2018 Sevens HPDE event at NJMP

Croc

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would sharpening my hydroplaning skills out of turn 1 on Lightning get me ON the list? Scared to even ask what Mike has to do to fall back into good graces with the powers that be. :jester:

Just updating the potential attendee list. I'm thinking we may get our Storker to round out the marque collection, but I'll withhold adding him until he says he most likely, probably, could swing it. :toetap05:

. . . . . . . . .

25. Shane, Maybe, possibly, Tenatively, Hopefully, If, Might, Etc.

Fixed that, did’ga? :jester:

Tom,

I don't feel so bad, looks like I was in good company. Please add Bev and I to the list of attendees. I hope to work on getting Bev to drive in the Green group this year. I am really looking forward to driving Thunderbolt unobstructed this time!

Thanks,

Dave

Updated potential attendee list. There are still several past attendees that I'm hoping will join us again. Matt? Todd? Dermot? and a couple more. We have a shot at 30 cars on track if things work out. Plus my yellow car and Croc's SV if it doesn't sell by then. Should be a hoot. We would love to see more of you guys if anyone just wants to come out and hang out instead of drive. Tom

1. Tom G

2. Croc

3. Norm

4. Len C

5. George H

6. Tom C

7. Paul

8. Mike M

9. Blake

10.John B

11. Dan F

12. Graham

13. Seb

14. Jeff H

15. Fred M

16. Steve M (Do we get the Mallock or Caterham this year?) Caterham!

17. Jim A

18. Roman

19. Scott L

20. Dave H

21. Mike S

22. Jay

23. Simon W.

24. Chris S.

25. Shane, Maybe, possibly, Tenatively, Hopefully, If, Might, Etc.

26. Dave D. and Bev D. DRIVER!!!:driving::seeya:

Organization is proceeding ahead. Restaurants are booked at 35ppl. Hotel Charlesworth on the Delaware Bay and Andreas in downtown Millville get the nod this year in addition to the first night pool party. Because of how the days fall for the public holiday and not having a weekend, Don's traditional sunset riverside BBQ won't be held this year. But don't worry he will be joining us at dinner along with some other NJMP Drivers Club members who you have met in prior years.

The karting has been booked. Pool party has been organized. Wednesday afternoon pre-karting entertainment is moving forward. Event memo is drafted - just need Tom's expert eye to review my minglish. The last hurdle taking the time is the set up of the new custom registration website site for sign up and payment - TrackRabbit.com.

Have people booked their accommodation? Need help finding your special place to stay?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sitting here watching all this crappy white global warming stuff pile up and just saw Tom C's post about a car hauler for the west coast guys. Tom you are the best!!! Hopefully it will provide an opportunity for some of the west coast guys to join us. The more the merrier! I just hope the snow melts by July.:jester: Tom

Fortunately, from my standpoint not the ski areas, we are having nice weather and the construction crew is making good progress on our new much larger facility. I hope to be moved in before we leave for NJ in July. If enough people are interested a transporter would be great but it takes filling a trailer to make it work. The transporter has different size trailers, we will just need to wait and see.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Well, It's officially Spring, but it's snowing again here in Philly. ( Home of the SuperBowl Champion EAGLES)

We are just a little more than 3 months from our event. I'm still hopeful that we will get closer to 30 se7ens out for the event.

Still haven't heard from a few guys that made it out before, Matt in his 620R, Dermot in the former Skipmobile SV, and super fast Todd, who I saw popped in online last night, so I know you guys are out there. Plus we should rope in one other NJMP member who jumped in last year as well. IceBerg, Stig, RCollum, come on out for a day or two. You can put those shiney cars on track for the Group Picture at least. :smash:

Sorry for the call outs, I'm just bored waiting for the snow to get deep enough to shovel. Come on Global Warming.!!!! Tom

• 2 weeks later...

April 4th and still chilly here in the Northeast. But we are now officially just 3 months away from the event at NJMP. I'm hoping to get my car to the shop this week for it's preseason maintenance, and I heard from Scott L that his is in the shop now as well. Chris S. reported that his car just got it's registration completed and he's hoping for some nice weather to do his first shakedown runs.

Croc sold his SV and we will continue to work on the new owner to bring it out in July. Hopefully the rest of you will get to work on your cars and have them ready. Tom C, what's the status on Steve's new Birkin??? Get R done!!! :smash::toetap05::toetap05: Tom

• 3 weeks later...

In adding to the thread’s momentum, plans to attend this year’s annual USA7s festival are moving steadily forward in my household. Still have to align the planets with work, but it’s looking promising.

Here in the deep south, the jaunt northeast has morphed from my singularly joining likeminded track enthusiasts for another amazing NJMP HPDE outing to family vacation/adventure. Thanks to Croc’s help, we (the wife, kids and I) were able to secure a full villa trackside at Thunderbolt. This should up the ‘first impression’ ante with the family for hopes of a future return.

Even my mother-in-law is flying into Philly and coming over. Now, let me say this about my wife’s mother; she’s not your typical mother-in-law. And I mean that in positive way. Since her retirement in 2008, she has traveled abroad around Europe, taken introductory flying lessons, bungee jumped from some insanely high bridge in New Zealand (something not even I would do) and hot-lapped Texas Motor Speedway at 160mph. Like I said, not typical. However, I’m certain that while we are boring holes in the wind with our Sevens, her and the gang will be shoehorning in visits to the Jersey shore, wineries, etc.; new adventures in a new location. And none of them would hesitate to get on track if given the opportunity (all have done laps at a HPDE, including my daughter, the youngest of the clan).

As for the Storker, it’s fairly well sorted after two earlier HPDEs this year (VIR and Barber) sans some ongoing suspension tuning/tweaking; but this really never stops. Since I managed to knock off (destroy) the front aero wing at VIR when a cone sacrificed itself as I exited turn 7, I added a new wing (the Storker’s third) and built a spare for those ‘just in case’ moments. Who knows, the spare wing may come in handy if Croc decides to show me a quicker line with the new RS.

That’s the latest from my end. Looking forward to coming up and having some long awaited and anticipated fun with everyone. To making a few more new memories. :cheers: :seeya:

Edited by xcarguy

The Ecoboost Concept Car is very near completion just a few soft goods snaps to install and a final once over. The owner has offered to let me bring it to the event in July and leave my car at home. It is a beast, have yet to give it full power and won't on public roads, need to get it to the track.

See you in July,

Tom

20180423_174259.jpg

20180423_174111.jpg

20180418_161127.jpg

20180419_165647.jpg

The Ecoboost Concept Car is very near completion just a few soft goods snaps to install and a final once over. The owner has offered to let me bring it to the event in July and leave my car at home. It is a beast, have yet to give it full power and won't on public roads, need to get it to the track.

See you in July,

Tom

I was wondering when someone was going to do that!

Can't wait to see it run

• 2 weeks later...

Countdown continues, it's now just two months away from our event. I am scheduled to do a track day tomorrow, my first of the year, as it has finally warmed up. Should be a good shakedown day after a long off season. Got the car back yesterday from it's preseason prep. All set to go, other than ordering a new set of tires.

Hope all of you are finishing up prepping your cars. You are really going to enjoy the first day on Thunderbolt. :driving:

We are still waiting for NJMP to get there act together with their new on line sign up site. I hope to get a better sense of where they are tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully we will get another 2-3 attendees to join in and put us at 30 cars. Still time to jump on board.

Tom

Tom

Countdown continues, it's now just two months away from our event. I am scheduled to do a track day tomorrow, my first of the year, as it has finally warmed up. Should be a good shakedown day after a long off season. Got the car back yesterday from it's preseason prep. All set to go, other than ordering a new set of tires.

Hope all of you are finishing up prepping your cars. You are really going to enjoy the first day on Thunderbolt. :driving:

We are still waiting for NJMP to get there act together with their new on line sign up site. I hope to get a better sense of where they are tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully we will get another 2-3 attendees to join in and put us at 30 cars. Still time to jump on board.

Tom

Tom

Days off worked out with fellow pilots and home office; NJMP is a ‘GO’. The Barber HPDE allowed for a bit more sorting of the Storker. Been trying for the past two weeks to do corner weighting, but I can’t seem to stay home long enough to get it done.

Tom, I trust your track day went well. Looking forward to chasing ‘old yeller’ or ‘orange crush’ around the track. :auto::auto:

Great News Shane! :hurray::hurray: Looking forward to seeing you, the family and the Phoenix.

Yesterday's trackday started off poorly, failed tech with no brake lights and out of date belts. DuH. Fixed the brake lights and begged for indulgence for the belts. Got on track and my water temp gauge started acting up. Neddle Bouncing around. Going to have to track the issue down this week. Maybe a grounding issue or loose wire? Would read 185-190ish then bounce down to 150 and back up, then down etc. DId go althe way to Zero a couple times too. Any thoughts? Tom