2018 Sevens HPDE at NJMP - July 4-6, 2018

Croc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jay, just keep turning right, you'll be fine, 10 out of 12 times. :jester: the other two times you might be on the grass.

We usually do a few lead follow laps for those new to the track. taking it slowly then increasing the speed. By lap 3 or 4 most feel confident enough to handle it. Tom

this is a good example of what happens if you turn in too early on turn 3. :svengo:

Edited by yellowss7

Tom & Mike,

Sorry for the tardy response but I'm not as active here as I once was. Thanks again for the efforts you make organizing everything, I know it will be another wonderful event. I will be a last minute sign up but will move heaven and earth to get there. I will keep you posted.

Dermot.

PS: Anyone need a roommate?

Hi Dermot,

Good to hear from you and hopefully you have sorted out the home saga that you were working hard at last time we talked. Late sign up is fine - we will have you anyway you can make it. We would love to see you.

For shares, no one has surfaced yet to inquire but you may want to ping Roman as he is the only other one in my memory who usually inquires on the same. Otherwise people can respond to your question above.

Cheers

mike

I just registered and I have to say that Croc did an amazing job with the powers that be, to set up a beautifully simple signup process. Great Job Mike. One Month out now!!! :party: Hope everyone is finished or finishing up preparations. I just got a new set of tires that I have to get mounted on Orange, and I went to start up Yellow and discovered I need to install a new Battery. DUH.

But Other than that, I'm ready. Should be another great event. Anyone who hasn't done Thunderbolt, are in for a treat. Watch a few YouTube videos of the circuit to get a sense of it. It does help. And like I said before, we will do a few lead/follow laps for those that need it.

See you all Soon. Tom

Like Tom, I registered last night. I also have plans to make a Thunderbolt video this week for people who would like to study up in advance on that circuit.

Thunderbolt Circuit

This is a 360 degree video. For those who have not used one before then:

1) Click through this video into youtube itself.

2) Play the video

3) move the camera around by (a) the arrows top left, or (b) clicking your mouse on the video playing and dragging to look behind, up, sides or down

If you move the camera to point down slightly you will see I overlaid a track map on the passenger seat below the speed. You may have to move the view slightly right to read the various captions anyway as the youtube screen size is narrower than my video edit app. Sorry no sound as this camera does not have an external mic.

Time:

0:00 Leaving the pits - where to line up to await going out on circuit

0:23 Pit lane and the turn onto the circuit

0:40 Leaving the pits and the blend line you should follow merging onto track

0:52 For the next two warm up laps I have added text commentary on some of the more tricky corners and what you should not do.

5:35 Some clean laps at a good moderate pace. There was too much traffic to be really quick but this will show the various lines. I deliberately tried lots of different lines in the Devil to show you what happens - the answer is that you are fairly safe because the speed is relatively low. Experimentation will teach you a bit in this corner. Just watch the speed on the decreasing radius corner on entry into the Devil.

10:38 I lap a Stalker. You should have seen it lean in the corners. The brake dust and smell coming off this one was incredible. Quick in a straight line though.

19:19 I play follow Tom so you can see the track lines from a different perspective.

23:50 Returning to the pits and back of pits

Thunderbolt Circuit

10:38 I lap a Stalker. You should have seen it lean in the corners. The brake dust and smell coming off this one was incredible.

That’s just mean. :toetap05: Obviously the extra-tall XL model with the optional all-steel hard top being driven by a confused (probably lost) amateur NASCAR fan with two first names whose only aspiration in life is turning left. :flag:

Croc: You are bringing it dude! I like the way you use ALL the curbing-except for the evil curbing on the right as you enter the straight. As you say, ya gotta avoid temptation and stay off of it. And yes, I have done some serious rock gardening down in the "Octopus" (turns 8-9). I had 2 blown tires in a single off there once. I think that may be the only place I have gone off on T-Bolt. Of course I am old and my memory was never good to begin with:). Now Lightening, where haven't I gone off....

That’s just mean. :toetap05: Obviously the extra-tall XL model with the optional all-steel hard top being driven by a confused (probably lost) amateur NASCAR fan with two first names whose only aspiration in life is turning left. :flag:

Well it did remind me of you! Quick in a straight line....

:jester:

I am so going to strap that 360 camera onto your Stalker!

. . . I am so going to strap that 360 camera onto your Stalker!

LOL! I’ll turn that 360 into a 720 once loose in the octapus. :jester:

Edited by xcarguy