2018 Sevens HPDE at NJMP - July 4-6, 2018

Croc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Roman, that's disappointing. I would have thought that a year would have been plenty of time to get R done. :jester: We will miss you.

I'll let the flaggers know that they can relax a bit this year. :smilielol5:

Did an autos today, that was my shake down run, car performed perfectly, so I am happy. Cannot wait for the 5th.

Not long now

I feel for Ronan, fabrication projects can get out of hand quickly. After my move from Chicago It will take me years to build a list of trusted shops. I have found a great welder so I have started the new list.

Graham.

Mike, I'm sure you local njmp guys heard about my escapades last year. I've cut the rear upper section off of my car to install a taller roll bar, and am now waiting to get the car skinned and painted. I've been waiting my turn at the shop since last summer... Mechanical wise, she runs like a top. I just want her to look as good as she feels.

We are now just TWO weeks away from the start of our annual NJMP trackday event.

:party:

Mike and I are finalizing some of the final logistical details and will update you on them once we are set.

A few our long time participants have informed us that regrettably due to some personal and mechanical issues that they will be unable to join us this year but hope to be back next year. So it looks like I've lost my bet with Mike and we will be short of my guess of 30 cars. Oh well, with a little luck maybe next year. We still have a great group of cars and drivers, so the party will still be a blast. Don't forget to register!

Current attendee list:

1. Tom G

4. Len C

5. George H

6. Tom C

7. Paul

8. Mike M

9. Blake

10. Dan F

11. Graham

12. Seb

13. Jeff H

14. Fred M

15. Steve M (Do we get the Mallock or Caterham this year?) Caterham!

16. Jim A

17. Scott L

18. Mike S

19. Jay

20. Simon W.

21. Chris S.

22. Shane Definitely!

23.Carl B (Michael Ds old car)

24. ART R. (EX Croc's SV)

25. DrewBrese (Maybe?)

2. Croc

3. Norm

26. Todd R.

"Finalizing logistical details:)!" I think by that Tom means he and Croc are ordering extra booze and collaborating to invent additional embarrassing trophies to award:)! Which I am good with!

And Tom, there is nothing magical about 30 attendees. We had 5-6 originally and it was huge success!

I think by that Tom means he and Croc are ordering extra booze

Ummmm no...not correct. We don't have to order booze - you do. First night at Clubhouse has a bar where you purchase what you want. The subsequent nights at Hotel Charlesworth and Andreas are BYOB [as mentioned in the event notes] so I suggest you pick some up on the way and keep it chilled in your room fridge. I will also note that Hotel Charlesworth is located in the dry town of Fortescue so the closest place to purchase if you forget will be about 15-20 minutes away back in Millville.

So a friendly heads up to remind people of this fact!

The trophies were done last month. Things were changed this year. Some people will like them. Some people will not like them. One person is absolutely going to hate me.

I am sorry I cannot attend the event next week. I have too much going on but I will be there next year. I am sorry I will not playing with everyone this time and to those who never played before you are in for a treat. A great track and a great bunch of guys. Thanks again to Tom and Mike.

Have fun guys........ I am so jealous.

Dermot.

Its the usual story - a whole bunch of last minute charlies playing late apex

Registered

1. Tom G - 2 x Caterhams

2. Croc - Caterham

3. Norm - It was a Caterham....at one point

4. Tom C - Mr. Birkin

5. Paul - Birkin

6. Mike M - Misguided Missile

7. Blake - Caterham

8. Graham - Locost Honda

9. Fred M - Locost Screamer

10. Scott L - Caterham

11. Jay - Caterham

12. Simon W - Caterham

13. Shane - NASA Launch Vehicle disguised as a Storker

Committed but have not signed up

14. Len C - Caterham

15. George H - Birkin

16. Dan F - Westfield Miatas' are slow like Dan's sign up

17. Steve M - Caterham

18. Chris S. - Lotus 7 S2 - running in the new engine

19. Jim A - Caterham

20. Matt C - Westfield S2000 (Friday)

Mike W will be back taking photos on Wednesday and Friday. Glen S will be back one day to do another of his videos.

Getting the last minute things done, camper loaded, trailer wheel bearings checked and oh yea the car loaded. We plan to start the journey Saturday about noon. See everyone on Wednesday.

Tom C.

Safe travels Tom. See you in a few days! I too have started loading, repairing, replacing, resupplying, etc. I only have 620 miles, half of your distance.

Croc: At one point there were 30 possibles, now 12 definites. How do you come up with a coherent plan with such a variable attendance? You have my sympathy!

OK.....just signed up for Friday. Sorry can't join everyone for Thursday as well. Actually like Thunderbolt better.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone. Thanks Tom & Mike!

Jim A.

Croc: At one point there were 30 possibles, now 12 definites. How do you come up with a coherent plan with such a variable attendance? You have my sympathy!

Drives me nuts trying to coordinate numbers. My rule of thumb is that 40% of comittments evaporate. We will probably end up with 18.

Registered

1. Tom G - 2 x Caterhams

2. Croc - Caterham

3. Norm - It was a Caterham....at one point

4. Tom C - Mr. Birkin

5. Paul - Birkin

6. Mike M - Misguided Missile

7. Blake - Caterham

8. Graham - Locost Honda

9. Fred M - Locost Screamer

10. Scott L - Caterham

11. Jay - Caterham

12. Simon W - Caterham

13. Shane - NASA Launch Vehicle disguised as a Storker

14. Matt C - Westfield S2000 (Friday)

15. Jim A - Caterham (Friday)

16. Chris S - Lotus 7 S2

Committed but have not signed up

17. Len C - Caterham

18. George H - Birkin

19. Dan F - Westfield Miatas' are slow like Dan's sign up

20. Steve M - Caterham

Mike W will be back taking photos on Wednesday and Friday. Glen S will be back one day to do another of his videos.

Getting the last minute things done, camper loaded, trailer wheel bearings checked and oh yea the car loaded. We plan to start the journey Saturday about noon. See everyone on Wednesday.

Tom C.

Tom just make sure you pack an extra set of underwear. That beast you are bringing may bring out the worst. :jester: Safe Travels see you soon Tom

Well, with the dogs bordered, house sitters secured and Freddy the turtle set up to receive his daily rations of stinky dried shrimp, we (the family and I) set out on our journey eastward. We’ll end up in Millville via a detour through Belleville, IL to visit family for the weekend. First stop along the way was a fruit and veggie stand (fruit stand) somewhere between Little Rock and nowhere in northern AR. We gave the trailer awning a test run while we shared in a roadside picnic complete with pbj’s, homegrown tomatoes and a first for all of us, by-colored corn on the cob that was so sweet that it was edible (without giving one the runs) right off the stalk and right out of the shuck. Honestly, probably the best tasting corn I’ve ever had in my life.

Before long, we had a trailer full of gawkers wanting to know about the car. The owner of the fruit stand even called one of his buddies to come out and take a look. Not long after, a pickup pulls up with four mechanics from the local Chevy dealer who are eyeballing and asking questions. The idea of the car being Frankenstein’s version of a 7 replica left them with that ‘deer in the headlights’ look. When I mentioned LS3 and raised the hood, it was ‘hell yeahs!’ and high fives all around.

Sunday, plans are to head east with a stop in Indy to meet up with Jack Banker and his wife Penny for dinner. From there, we’ll move on and plan an over night in Dayton with a tour of the Air Force museum the next morning (I can’t get that close to the XB-70 Valkyrie and not take a peak). Planning on being in Millville early (July 3rd) to give the family and I a little time to venture out before the event.

Looking forward to a seeing everyone, and here’s to our all having a safe, fun-filled experience. :cheers:

Also, if you look closely in the photo of the Storker sitting in the trailer, you can see Suave resting soundly on the G-Force helmet in the upper cabinet. I think he’ll have to join us for the awards ceremony. :jester:

95D7AECF-B977-4EB4-9E3F-96BDCCB13CB2.jpg

E22EEBA1-8671-439A-97DD-80E88012578F.jpg

4EC6CC6C-9CFA-41A9-88CE-5218236A258C.jpg

Shane - at the Dayton Air Force museum, make sure you sign in with the desk for the Presidential and Experimental Hangar tour as soon as you arrive. Time slot availability goes very quickly - usually within 1.5 hours of museum opening. Only a limited number are allowed out to the connected twin hangars on the base, separate from the main museum complex. Also consider you will need ID for everyone for that hangar tour since you are entering an active military base. It was one of the most amazing places I have been (twice) - must see.