New guy. Here is my Cat

Vovchandr

Some new parts finally arrived.

Adding lightness! (to my wallet..)

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15473&stc=1

New style cage with sloped vertical bars, 620 R nose, all styles of front grills (going with black mesh right now), half doors, new belts to be in spec for track days, tons of other small misc bits and pieces.

Replacement windshield sadly did not survive the trip.

G4AynuD.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Nice looking car! The 620r nose is interesting. Does it require you to install the zues fasteners or make any chassis modifications?

Daniel

620R nose requires L brackets for mounting with dzus fasteners on that. I have the brackets but haven't fought the battle of mounting yet.

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15580&stc=1

Cat-620R_carbon_fin_layers_1600x900_acf_cropped.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cool car! I think I mentioned to you on Instagram that I went to look at this car when it was for sale about a year ago (still have some photos). What happened to the jail-cell bars on the nosecone and the cut-down windshield - you didn't like them? :-)

Did you buy your new parts through CC or another vendor (e.g. Redline)? Curious how rough the shipping costs were on things like windshield, nosecone, FIA rollbar etc.?

Cool car! I think I mentioned to you on Instagram that I went to look at this car when it was for sale about a year ago (still have some photos). What happened to the jail-cell bars on the nosecone and the cut-down windshield - you didn't like them? :-)

Did you buy your new parts through CC or another vendor (e.g. Redline)? Curious how rough the shipping costs were on things like windshield, nosecone, FIA rollbar etc.?

"Jail-cell bars" and the "windshield" are taken off and put away. Far away. You want them? I hear they liked it better in the warm West coast! I have no idea what the last owner was thinking but he certainly made interesting fashion choices in certain regards. Again thanks for not buying it :auto:

I went through Redline. Chris has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with but the whole process is a bit... involving. Found out the hard way that money wire transfer doesn't use the current market rate but rather uses whatever the banks decide to use at the time which favors them, which meant that the current google currency conversion was not accurate and the real value was higher. Shipping costs for 2 major boxes so far were about $400-500 if I recall once converted. There was also a "port release fee" or something similar I had to pay to the tune of $100 afterwards. I'm glad I have the parts that I've wanted but it's wasn't a bargain by any stretch of the word to get this done.

Vlad,

In reading your posts, I came up with the phonetic spellings for describing your car:

k trum = more British

k tur um = slightly less British

k tur ham = decidedly more American

muny pit = decidedly more realistic for our se7ens

Edited by Astro Bob

• 3 weeks later...
"Jail-cell bars" and the "windshield" are taken off and put away. Far away. You want them? I hear they liked it better in the warm West coast! I have no idea what the last owner was thinking but he certainly made interesting fashion choices in certain regards. Again thanks for not buying it :auto:

I went through Redline. Chris has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with but the whole process is a bit... involving. Found out the hard way that money wire transfer doesn't use the current market rate but rather uses whatever the banks decide to use at the time which favors them, which meant that the current google currency conversion was not accurate and the real value was higher. Shipping costs for 2 major boxes so far were about $400-500 if I recall once converted. There was also a "port release fee" or something similar I had to pay to the tune of $100 afterwards. I'm glad I have the parts that I've wanted but it's wasn't a bargain by any stretch of the word to get this done.

I like to use TransferWise for international wire transfer. Sorry to hear about the windshield - are they sending a fresh one? Curious because I need to order one! Shipping cost sounds similar to what Chris quoted me: approx. 200 GBP for a box containing an FIA rollbar to the US. What are your plans for your old nosecone?

I like to use TransferWise for international wire transfer. Sorry to hear about the windshield - are they sending a fresh one? Curious because I need to order one! Shipping cost sounds similar to what Chris quoted me: approx. 200 GBP for a box containing an FIA rollbar to the US. What are your plans for your old nosecone?

Yeah we are working out the details on getting a new one. It was a replacement glass to begin with, not the full frame (~$80 GBP vs ~$300 GBP).

Keeping the old nose cone and will swap back and forth. I'll add the aero canards on the 620r and likely will go with a straight stripe down the middle on it instead of a "lipstick" layout. This way I could have two different looks easily swappable back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...

Since discovering that my clutch grenaded I have everything apart and the part sourcing begins.

I confirmed that I have the ZX2 motor from Contour/Mysique/Cougar/Focus

I confirmed that the T9 transmission was not stock in any of those cars and was offered in the most obscure vehicles almost none of which were available stateside (Ford Capri/Sierra/XR4Ti).

I'm also not exactly sure if the rubber gasket on transmission face is from standard T9 or it's a Quaife part. Calling Quaife wasn't very helpful for part sourcing. Search continues.

eb52ece76e260fe8a74caa0f05c18b41.jpg

eecdbe5fbd562bb4aa7389ac1b6d0830.jpg

Looking to replace intake gasket, I realize that ITB's had their own set and the OEM replacement will not work (somewhat obvious in hindsight), which lead me to discover new issues

I have also discovered that my Jenvey ITB's seem to have a TWM throttle body which appears to be quite messed up. Time to look into rebuilding or replacing.

Brightonuk who did you use to rebuilt yours?

Edited by Vovchandr

Road trip to Oxford CT.

Quantum mechanics (John Esposito) is the T9 guy in the northeast

Thank you. They are close enough by. I send him an email 12 hours ago as he showed up as one of the sources for parts. Ideally I won't need to make the drive just for 3 gaskets and seals.

Haven't heard back from TWM but it looks like the solution for the intake plenum will be to machine down the entire surface and just make on big gasket to mate it to the head.

Called Quantum and I think he's going to get back to me tomorrow, he said he had the gaskets and seals I need in stock.

That leaves a few other misc things to order but it's almost ready to be put back together.

• 2 weeks later...