Sevens Event - NJMP Drivers Club June 28-30, 2019 - Final Event Details

Croc

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I join the others with my annual kudos to Tom (YellowSS) and Croc (Mike), for all the background work they do to make this annual event happen, and for being the consummate hosts. This was the event's 9th year (and my 9th year as a participant, so obviously I am a fan).

Sevens owners, and their wives and significant others, happen to be a varied and interesting group of people so it's almost as much fun to sit in the paddock and talk as it is to drive the tracks.

Congratulations to BBall, WentMD and Dan F (can't recall his USA7s nome de plume) for all getting so much faster. It was getting racy out there! Ditto Seb, Simon and JohnB for showing us the fast way around the track (at least for the few moments we were able to keep them in sight...).

I also learned that at a se7ens event it takes under 5' to find a good home for a stray kitty. It didn't hurt that Wentmd is a vet and was able to pronounce the cat healthy. I suggested "Caterham the cat" as a name but it didn't seem well received by the new owner:).

See you next year, with any luck!

Edited by Kitcat

BTW: the orange car in post#111 is a Westfield with, obviously, Westfield seats. It has a Miata power train. I first saw it at the se7ens event at Tail of the Dragon in 2007. Even with its modest 1.6 liter Miata power plant, it is surprisingly fast.

BTW: the orange car in post#111 is a Westfield with, obviously, Westfield seats. It has a Miata power train. I first saw it at the se7ens event at Tail of the Dragon in 2007. Even with its modest 1.6 liter Miata power plant, it is surprisingly fast.

Thanks Kitkat, I like the look of those. Hijack over.

Was enjoying the event vicariously via the internet and will continue as the pictures roll in. Updated my wife with each new post. She especially got a kick out of Croc's herding of the cat's..:rofl:. Eventually suggested that I plan on attending next year. She's the best.

Looks like it was a great time.

She especially got a kick out of Croc's herding of the cat's..:rofl:.

Apologies for the impolite language on a public forum but it was one of those mornings and thats where my cynical humor gets dangerous....

Hopefully we will see you and your wife at NJMP next year if all our devious plans pan out the way we hope they do.

If it doesn’t work out we’ll just crash your or D’s garage for a bbq and social get together.

Many, many thanks again! It was another memorable weekend well worth the hassle, travel, and humidity to join a great group of folks... as always the track was exceptional, as was dinner at Antonio’s

Ps. What happened to the Storkers? Just about every other marque was represented.

P.

The Orange Westfield is mine Chopd65 and thanks Kitcat… I do try to make the car hustle. Happy to field any questions via PM and; depending on what comes available in 2019, I maaaay be ready and willing to part with the car. I won't find one quite as pretty, but I aim move to something more singularly track centric.

More broadly, Michelle and I had a great time this year, as always. I'm happy to call so many of you friends.

Edited by Dan3030

Back to herding cats: the woman holding the kitty in the photo in post 125 (Vovchandar's GF) got a number of se7ens owners and NJMP staff to literally herd a cat. Everyone was scrambling like around like crazy trying to corner/catch it.

If it doesn’t work out we’ll just crash your or D’s garage for a bbq and social get together.

Many, many thanks again! It was another memorable weekend well worth the hassle, travel, and humidity to join a great group of folks... as always the track was exceptional, as was dinner at Antonio’s

Ps. What happened to the Storkers? Just about every other marque was represented.

P.

Interestingly enough, I don't believe there was a single Lotus Seven in attendance. But someone correct me if I am wrong.

Back to herding cats: the woman holding the kitty in the photo in post 125 (Vovchandar's GF) got a number of se7ens owners and NJMP staff to literally herd a cat. Everyone was scrambling like around like crazy trying to corner/catch it.

The cat actually had the biggest wall impact of the day after losing control during a snap change in direction. Luckily NJMP decided to give an exception on repairs fee in this case.

Interestingly enough, I don't believe there was a single Lotus Seven in attendance. But someone correct me if I am wrong.

I had three of them (1 x S1 and 2 x S2) tell me they were intending to come along Sunday if not raining but never heard a peep again after the phone calls and emails.

Is Norm's an S3? Or just an early Caterham?

Norm has a Caterham S3. He has been autocrossing 50+ years but the first 11 were in a Plymouth Barracuda.

He put the first Zetec engine in a Caterham in the USA (replacing his X-flow). This required some re-enginering of the engine bay's configuration. He also got the car's weight down to mid 900's, only to have the SCCA mandate a 1150+ lb., weight minimum and instantly make his car uncompetitive and toss out his years of weight savings.

Stuff I learned at lunch:).

Edited by Kitcat