2002 Caterham SV for sale in Illinois

BeagleGuy78

*SOLD*

Hello everyone,

I am putting my 2002 Caterham SV up for sale due to life changes and wanted to make sure I posted it here, as this community has been a huge source of info for me before, during, and after my purchase!

It is a 2002 SV with 2.0L Zetec that has a little over 13,000 miles ... That will increase some, as I get it out for a blast every sunny day I'm not working! Dyno sheets included from a previous owner at 218hp. I have not had it on a Dyno myself but it pulls hard and is amazing fun to drive! It comes with full weather gear, side wind deflectors. It also I cludes lots of new extras (the previous owner was trying to update to a more modern look) : Carbon Fiber dash, carbon sill guards, carbon cycle wings, newer style aero gas cap, and more. I have MANY pictures and more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Asking $31,000 but open to offers

IMG_20190417_181802.jpg

IMG_20181027_094332.jpgIMG_20181027_094018.jpg

Edited by BeagleGuy78

Actually it appears the car may already be sold! I certainly didn't expect it to happen this fast, but terms have been agreed on and the buyer should pick it up mid month ... Will update after that.

Always been a fan of your car.

Have you thought about Bring a Trailer? You can set your reserve and it's likely going to meet or exceed it.

Actually it appears the car may already be sold! I certainly didn't expect it to happen this fast, but terms have been agreed on and the buyer should pick it up mid month ... Will update after that.

Higndsight........ should af asked for more (-:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I brought this Cat back to Connecticut. A friend joked that I am the third and the 6th owner. I bought this car in 2015, drove it some over the next 18 months but found myself spending all of my free time the second year riding my motorcycle in prep for a cross country trip. I just couldn't stand seeing it sit as much as it did and knew it would be some time before I would get to drive it so decided to sell. Hard decision.

Ben Hughlett bought it and did some tasteful upgrades before selling to "Mr. Beagle" in Illinois. Over this past winter I had started to look at some of the sevens for sale around the country and early in the spring had thought about chasing down the current owner and then he listed it here. As they say, you need to strike while the iron is hot, so I did. Mr. Beagle and I reached terms quickly and I had the car back in a little more than a week.

I used Intercity to ship the car, partially from a reference made from Croc that I found here and partially from a friend who knows their maintenance chief, an individual of eclectic tastes who has raced in One Lap with some success. They were great to deal with and the price was very reasonable.

I've owned and sold my fair share of cars and bikes through the years but I've never owned the same one twice or even the same model. This Cat got under my skin and I thoroughly plan on showing it the attention I failed to do the first time.

Mr. Beagle, thank you for making this an easy (re)purchase.

Bill

Thanks Tom, while I enjoy a good road trip, I don't think that's in the books for me, at least not this year.

Wemtd, I live in Bozrah, near Norwich, but my company in based in Glastonbury. You?

Chopd65 - Greetings. I am in West Hartford and work in East Hartford so my 7 is occasionally spotted in Glastonbury. Wemtd lives near me and we try to connect for some drives. We usually head NW of Hartford but just had the 7 down in Essex and Clinton last week so send a note and we can hook up for a meet somewhere.

Jay

Bill,

Thank you as well! I hope you enjoy having the Caterham back ... I already miss it! Thank you for sharing some of the interesting history of this particular vehicle as well!

I can also vouch for Intercity ... They did an excellent job on my end picking up the car! They worked around my crazy work schedule and were very careful loading the car and taking care of a spare hood that went with it! I highly recommend them!

Carl

Jay,

Good to know there are other 7 owners that close, the northwest hills are an awesome ride and where I test drove my Cat before my first ownership. The back roads and smaller state routes in Haddam, Clinton, Essex and such are great fun as well. It would be fun to meet up and compare notes on our cars and favorite roads and get the Cats out for some exercise.

Bill

Jay,

Good to know there are other 7 owners that close, the northwest hills are an awesome ride and where I test drove my Cat before my first ownership. The back roads and smaller state routes in Haddam, Clinton, Essex and such are great fun as well. It would be fun to meet up and compare notes on our cars and favorite roads and get the Cats out for some exercise.

Bill

That sounds great, I am less familiar with the roads in that area so I am game for a drive. I will give you a PM. Maybe sometime in June will work