DC British Embassy Open House - 05/11/19

A member of our local Lotus club, who happens to work for the British Embassy, got us invitations to bring a few of our cars to display at their annual open house. This is the second year we have been invited. Gavin has a beautiful Caterham, and he displayed that. We also had an Elite, an Esprit, and my Elise. This is especially nice, since the other British car firms - Aston, Jaguar/Land Rover, and Bentley - just send a couple of reps with new cars. Lotus is the only invitees to bring member-owned cars. We generated a lot of interest. I really liked the variety of our chosen vehicles - the Seven, representing Lotus' early tube-frame cars, the Elite, a monocoque, the Esprit, a backbone car, and my Elise, with the aluminum tub.

We met the ambassador and his wife, and they spent a good amount of time checking out our cars. The embassy grounds are beautiful, and we had good weather all the way until quitting time, 4:00PM - at which point, it drizzled all the way home.

--Bob Collum

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg