New member 1963 Super Seven

AlDente

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15438&stc=1

Hi everyone. This my new (1963) Super Seven. Bought it last fall from 2nd owner. All original car, complete with all invoices, shipping waybills and original manuals. It has been restored, but has been sitting for awhile. I am going over the brakes, front wheel bearing and carbs, etc.

I am still trying to find exact information as to front caliper and rear brake cylinders, as delivered they would be from an early Triumph Spitfire? Both front and rear? Masters are 3/4 inch with attached reservoir.

2017-11-09 10.50.53.jpg

Congrats, beautiful looking Super Seven!

The Spitfire had Girling Type 12 calipers on the early cars and Type 14 calipers on the later cars with a bigger rotor to go with it. Maybe measure your rotors and rear drums, and see if there's a marking on the calipers and go from there. You could also measure the bore of the wheel cylinders to see what repair kits could be used.

Good advice: check the spec but verify to be sure!

There are lots of slight differences and interchangeability between Herald/Spitfire/GT6 and over the years owners upgrade for safety and availability, so log serial numbers and measurement to be sure what you have. You may also look back through your records and receipts and see what may have been installed.

This also applies to the Ford engine and transmission. If you don't have Dave Bean's "English Ford Racers Catalog" I would highly recommend you find one. It's out of print for years, but they do show up.

Great looking car and certainly looks like it has been well cared for, GOOD LUCK!!