RIP Scott Lentz

Al N.

Folks-

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I share the news that founding USA7s Club member Scott Lentz passed away this past weekend.

A friend/relative posted on his Facebook page: "Had a mild heart attack Friday night and had an accident, walked to the ambulance then had a massive heart attack at the hospital."

Scott was part of the original group which gathered in 2006 at Skyline Drive...a gathering that led to the founding of the first mixed-marque LSiS club in the country, and the 50th Anniversary event at the Tail of the Dragon.

I only really knew Scott via our shared love of cars, but had seen him several times over the years at various events. He always had a smile for me — and always asked about how my kids were doing.

Rest in Peace, friend.

-Al Navarro

Edited by Al Navarro

Huge loss :(.

Scott was a good friend and a great individual. Always always kept in touch with me and my family. Incredibly sad day.

Folks-

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I share the news that founding USA7s Club member Scott Lentz passed away this past weekend.

A friend/relative posted on his Facebook page: "Had a mild heart attack Friday night and had an accident, walked to the ambulance then had a massive heart attack at the hospital."

Scott was part of the original group which gathered in 2006 at Skyline Drive...a gathering that led to the founding of the first mixed-marque LSiS club in the country, and the 50th Anniversary event at the Tail of the Dragon.

I only really knew Scott via our shared love of cars, but had seen him several times over the years at various events. He always had a smile for me —*and always asked about how my kids were doing.

Rest in Peace, friend.

-Al Navarro

Really sorry to hear this. Scott is how I got interested in 7's to begin with. We were at an event at Summit Point probably 15 years ago when I saw him and asked if he'd give me a ride in his 7. I said lets just go around for a couple laps so you can show me what this thing will do. Proceeds to take me around faster and faster. I didn't have my communicator with me so he just kept going! I'd been instructing all day and riding around with students who THOUGHT they were going fast but weren't. Scott on the other hand was flying. Needless to say- I was impressed with the car and Scott's driving as well. Knew I needed to buy a 7 at some point.

Scott- you'll be missed.

Jim Adleberg

So sorry to hear the news of Scott's passing. I only got to meet Scott a few times but always remembered him as a good guy and an enthusiastic Seven owner. Here's one of my favorite photos from a Carlisle event back in 2008 when we all went out to eat after the car show. RIP Scott....

20080518_0075.jpg

Just saw this posted regarding memorial service:

"Sat the 24th at 9am is the gathering and at 10am is the memorial service both open to family and friends. Heffner Funeral Home on Kenneth Rd in York Pa. Following is the burial at the cemetery open to family only."

If I was not out of town, I would be attending. With my Seven.

Just saw this. I had to read it several times as I was in shock/denial(I must be reading this wrong....). My memory of Scott includes the many small and large kindnesses toward me. Small: finding an exact scale model duplicate of my Caterham and arranging for me to buy it (still have it). Large: At the NJMP gathering in 2018- "What's that sore on your upper lip Kitcat?" Hmm, the one I have been ignoring for months. So call my doc on return, he looks at it, biopsies and says "It's cancerous, it's coming off." I managed to thank him this year.

He, Norm Beaver and MichaelD were Caterham buddies of the highest order. Scott and Norm did numerous trips to the Solo Nationals and were toying with going again.

He kept the Caterham faith and exemplified everything I like most about se7ens and their owners.

Guest Carle Conway

I was shocked and saddened when I heard about Scott’s passing. I have only known him personally for a little over a year. Even though I have seen his 7 in Annapolis several times over the years and it has always surprised me. When mine was finally complete and I attended an AutoX to watch Norm compete, I met Scott and made a fast friend. I have attached a few pictures of our cars together at Cars & Coffee here in Annapolis and when we went for a blat together back in March, I think.

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15820&stc=1http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15821&stc=1http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15822&stc=1

CEC5A9BB-7074-4591-80AE-C60F748368EA.jpg

3875E4B6-2F0B-4FA2-9252-0FB1BA165828.jpg

FDEE480F-C3BA-497E-97CB-05B9CBF9920C.jpg