2015 Stalker XL With LS3/480 For Sale In Immaculate Condition

Anaximander

2015 Brunton Stalker XL for sale in immaculate condition. This car currently has 6905 miles and is registered/licensed for the street in Florida as a 1962 Lotus Replica Kit Car with a Florida VIN#. No accidents or damage history and exceptionally well built. This car has been used occasionally by Stalker Cars of Clearwater, Florida as a demonstrator because of its superb build quality and performance. The builder of the car is a former aircraft kit builder and this was the third Stalker that he had built. The car can comfortably accommodate persons that are 6'4" with the driver's seat on slides and a large foot box for big-footed drivers. Stalker XL's are the top of the line and are 10" wider and 10" longer than the M-Spec Stalker and designed for stable road or track handling The car's fluids are all current and the car weighs approximately 1850 pounds. Factory replacement cost for the car is approximately $54,000.00. Also have a Stalker tilt drive-on trailer for sale that was designed for the XL series and factory replacement costs is approximately $3800.00.

All of the components used to build this car were new and include:

Crate GM LS3/480 engine producing 480hp and 475lbft of torque

T56 magnum 6 speed transmission

CTS-V Differential

Wilwood 6-piston front brakes with proportional bias control and designed for ABS

Wilwood 4-piston rear brakes with proportional bias control and designed for ABS

Electric in column power steering

Kirkey seats with extra lumbar/seat padding with 4-point seat belts and the 5th point available for install

XXR 18" black-chrome wheels

Toyo R888 tires

Speedhut custom gauges

Custom cockpit tonneau cover and canvas fitted sun shade for roll bar

Selling price for the car is $35,000.00 FOB Florida and the trailer with new tires is being sold for $2800.00 to the purchaser of the car. This is my fourth and final Stalker (spousal unit would like an enclosed rocket to accompany me) . They are exceptionally well designed, very reliable cars with incredibly refined suspension systems that liberally utilize Heim joints for amazing adjustability (http://stalkercars.com/models/stalker-xl/). Because these cars are made in America by a very experienced designer/craftsman/owner/driver, parts and service support are second to none.

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s9.jpg

s11.jpg

s13.jpg

s19.1.jpg

s23.jpg

s28.jpg

s22.jpg

s20.jpg

s31.jpg

s30.jpg

s1.jpg

s7.jpg

s16.jpg

s21.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

Edited by Astro Bob

What a beautiful car. After independent analysis of all the market offerings, a Brunton - and particularly your configuration - is exactly what I am looking for. The timing is imperfect, however. I will see what I can do.

What a beautiful car. After independent analysis of all the market offerings, a Brunton - and particularly your configuration - is exactly what I am looking for. The timing is imperfect, however. I will see what I can do.

Bruce, I heard a new-to-me saying this past week. "If not now, when?" :) Thank you for appreciating what this particular car represents in terms of value and performance. I priced it to move it and was less concerned about the money than it going to someone who will have a ball with it. You are quite welcome to call and discuss the car if so inclined. I have been keeping up with the mods you made to that special Alfa Romeo 4C coupe. This would be a fun and smokin' fast stable mate.

Edited by Astro Bob

It was late, so I sent you some questions in a text, and included my email address. When I made the deal for the 4C, it was just 2 hours after the previous owner had listed his car on 4cforums.com. Would be remarkable if this was a parallel experience. I am in the middle of a new business deal, which augurs against this transaction, but does not foreclose it.

On another topic, the national Alfa Owners magazine is printing an article I wrote for them detailing my 4C mods. They are sending a photographer and might feature my car on the cover. That will be something to remember!

And wouldn't it be cool to add many new chapters to the "Sevens Maintenance & Upgrade Manual" devoted to Bruntons!

BTW, when I sold my incredible WCM (what a magnificent Seven!), my initial conversation with the ultimate purchaser occurred mere hours after I had placed my solitary ad for the car - in this forum!

Bruce, It's kind of wild but I bought my last Stalker before this XL through pictures and a call with the builder. Turned out to be a magnificent car that I had Scott Minehart tweak and kept for 2.5 years. Scott has also had his trained hands on this Stalker as well. In a PM tonight, I mentioned that I had not received a text but I don't get any feedback of a PM going through so I don't know if spam blockers are involved? The number again is 850-491-2222. Thanks again and congrats on the upcoming article on your Alpha and the sale of the WCM. The WCM was also a beautiful and obviously well sorted car.

It would be terrific if you did an update to your upgrade manuals to include Stalkers. With all of the adjustability that Scott builds into these cars, I am sure that much can be learned and gleaned from folks like yourself that understand the complexities of suspension setup. Bob

Edited by Astro Bob

I sent the text to 860 - sorry. Here's the questions:

Does the title actually read "1962 Lotus Replica Kit Car", or just "1962 Lotus"?

Do you have an appraisal on file, and if so, what is the appraisal date?

What is the track history of the car?

I would have specified manual steering - my only quibble. What is the power boosted steering like? Am I correct that it can be converted to a manual rack without major surgery?

Please describe the other parts and features not priorly noted. My email is bruceakopitz@gmail.com.

Also, I own a twin-axle enclosed car hauler, so I would not want the custom flatbed - is that a problem?

Lastly, Croc states that you are selling your Stalker to purchase something more exciting. There are cars with slicker shapes, and cars better suited for bad weather, and cars vastly more luxurious, but what the heck is more exciting? Are you purchasing a used Atlas booster rocket? A jet-powered dragster? Or one of those modified Hummers from "Death Race"? I would like to know.

Bruce, I will send you an email answering your specific questions and send more details. In terms of something more exciting, it involves anything that will get my wife to come along on rides. Many years ago, I had a Lexus SC400 that she liked due to its amenities and comfort factors. I am no longer an aficionado of that genre. Have kicked around the possibility of the new C8 Vette but am currently not willing to pay the exorbitant markups the dealers are getting for them due to the limited supply for 2020. Whatever, I do get, it will have to be something she is willing to ride around in. That part of the equation is a work in progress because my stable has been dominated by se7enesque cars for the past 5 years. When I was in high school in Southern California, I came very close to getting a 1962 Lotus 7 and so had to play out that dream over the past 5 years.

I drove alongside a Renault-blue C8 with black trim for about 10 miles on I-75 yesterday. Looked like it had a removable roof panel. The car is not voluptuous like a Ferrari 458 or Alfa 4C, or exotically angular like a Lambo Huracan or Aventador. It is, rather, pointedly purposeful, with an attractive nose, acceptable heinie and slick silhouette. The C7 was like that - function above form. A month ago, I drove alongside a white example that I liked better. Perhaps the color of the body and the trim is especially important for these cars. I saw a view of the road from the C8 cockpit in a video and it looks great - huge panorama - the A pillars are nearly outside your peripheral vision, and it seems as though you can see the road nearly under your front tires. I ABSOLUTELY believe your wife would rather travel beside in you in the cossetting, air-conditioned cockpit of a C8 as opposed to a Bruntonvoort. I also absolutely believe the Bruntonvoort driving experience is more analog, visceral and scintillating.

Not to mention hundreds and hundreds of $$$ cheaper to operate every track day!

I did not get a chance to work on possible purchase today, and tomorrow is also out. I will get to the matter on Wednesday.

Bruce, I am so with you on the color of the car accentuating or dumbing down the angular looks of the C7 and likely the C8. On the C8, I like it in red. On the C7, I really prefer the white with some limited black trim and just about lost it when I saw my first white C7 many years ago.

I love your descriptor of the "Bruntonvoort". It is so right/appropriate when I look at both offerings and should be considered for a rear badge as I removed the "Stalker" badging because of my concern for the PCness of the term. There is much flattery from Brunton toward the Donkervoort. I wonder if Scott Minehart was aware of that body design when he designed the XL?

In terms of visceral feel, there is likely no comparison between the XL and a Vette. The Vette is very tame relatively speaking and is really just a car with tons of complex and almost superfluous systems. The XL is a consuming experience with the wind, sights/sounds, G forces and raw acceleration that cannot be matched with a conventional car. On my third drive with the XL, a Dodge Hellcat foolishly challenged me at a light to a bit of an acceleration contest. Those 707 ponies in a 4600 pound car were no match whatsoever for a 495 pony 1860 pound dart that was much easier to hook up than his heavy "go straight" hot rod. I felt like a teenager when I had a two-car hole shot starting off in second gear and barely shifted to third before I stopped that nonsense and realized that it does not play fair with these porky sleds.

Edited by Astro Bob

Bruce, I am so with you on the color of the car accentuating or dumbing down the angular looks of the C7 and likely the C8. On the C8, I like it in red. On the C7, I really prefer the white with some limited black trim and just about lost it when I saw my first white C7 many years ago.

I love your descriptor of the "Bruntonvoort". It is so right/appropriate when I look at both offerings and should be considered for a rear badge as I removed the "Stalker" badging because of my concern for the PCness of the term. There is much flattery from Brunton toward the Donkervoort. I wonder if Scott Minehart was aware of that body design when he designed the XL?

In terms of visceral feel, there is likely no comparison between the XL and a Vette. The Vette is very tame relatively speaking and is really just a car with tons of complex and almost superfluous systems. The XL is a consuming experience with the wind, sights/sounds, G forces and raw acceleration that cannot be matched with a conventional car. On my third drive with the XL, a Dodge Hellcat foolishly challenged me at a light to a bit of an acceleration contest. Those 707 ponies in a 4600 pound car were no match whatsoever for a 495 pony 1860 pound dart that was much easier to hook up than his heavy "go straight" hot rod. I felt like a teenager when I had a two-car hole shot starting off in second gear and barely shifted to third before I stopped that nonsense and realized that it does not play fair with these porky sleds.

Agreed!

This is probably the most difficult post I have ever made on this beautiful site. Someone called and purchased the car over the phone this afternoon. I had talked with two other wonderful people that wanted to buy the car but circumstances prevented them from making an instant decision and sending funds. I fully understand this but realize that it was my obligation to sell the car to the first person who said "I will take it" and sends the money.

I got to know in a brief time, the other two potential buyers and know that this post will cause some heartache which frankly causes me some pain. However, I know that money talks the loudest and I was fully transparent with all that were interested. I only wish that I had two more like this to sell to these two other fine people. Thank you all for being so supportive and especially to Croc for his continued support of us crazy se7en lovers!

Short post - Stalker was sold to a good home this afternoon. Its not me. Don't feel bad about Bob pretending to be in agony. :seeya:

I rescind by statement about you being supportive! Well, maybe just a little :smash:. It really was agonizing in one instance because I was pulling for someone that is a regular on this site. Timing is not always in our favor for every endeavor. The recipient of the car is also a very experienced exotic car owner and knew exactly what he was looking for so that is a very good thing.

Edited by Astro Bob

• 4 weeks later...

The buyer of the Stalker XL was exceptionally pleased when it arrived at his home in St. Paul, MN. He luckily had a few good days before Winter set in and went out for some fun blats. He commented to me that I hadn't warned him about the sweet sounds the side-pipe mufflers make on deceleration. He is used to high performance cars but commented to me that the brute power of the LS3/480 powerplant in an 1860 pound package was delightful. I am tickled that he is already enjoying the ride and looking forward to the Spring when he will be able to take that bad boy out and thoroughly run it through its paces. Se7ens rule!