Looking for 7 drivers in Western NC

Road Ready

• 3 months later...

Now that the weather is perfect in WNC, the Blue Ridge Parkway is shut down but for short sections. The oak leaves are as big as squirrel ears but there's COVID-19 about.

The BRP is not a challenging road by far but it would be difficult to find a more beautiful run this time of year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having a car that's road-legal and having it legalized are two different things.

When we were working to get my car titled for the first time it had to be inspected, at our place. We worked carefully to be sure that all the lights and horn were working properly. Then the inspector arrived. We noticed that he was wearing a side-arm. It turned out to be a rather different kind of inspection than we were anticipating.

An engine block serial number being impossible to see orsee using a mirror or even obtain a clay imprint, we ended up having to post a substantial indemnity bond as one of the hoops we had to leap through. Now were titled as a 1957 Lotus Seven Replica. It works fine for me!

• 1 year later...

Hey @Road Ready. Not a 7 owner yet but have ordered and my build slot is week 17, 2022. I'm just over the state line (South) and am in Asheville A LOT. 

We'll be in touch. I'm busting waiting for this lil car. I'm thinking after drivetrain installation, registration and such we will be up and running say late summer 2021.  Here's hoping, anyway. 

If you're on Instagram, I'm @UglyFast there as well. 

18 minutes ago, UglyFast said:

Hey @Road Ready. Not a 7 owner yet but have ordered and my build slot is week 17, 2022. I'm just over the state line (South) and am in Asheville A LOT. 

We'll be in touch. I'm busting waiting for this lil car. I'm thinking after drivetrain installation, registration and such we will be up and running say late summer 2021.  Here's hoping, anyway. 

Where in SC are you?

Bill

• 4 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 2:06 PM, UglyFast said:

Update and correcting a typo. My build slot has moved from week 27 of 2022...

TO WEEK 8 of 2022! 

So in theory I'll have a Caterham hugging my buns sometime in Sumner of 2022, instead of getting it sorted just in time to pack away for winter 2022. 

I'm incredibly amped, and weirdly sounds like my car will be born/started on or very close to my birthday. 

See you guys in the twisties soon. 

J. 

• 3 months later...