Coronavirus

Croc

Looking forward to reading Croc's color commentary on this late breaking story:

LOL - its the Northern Territory News! Figures. People in the Northern Territory are a strange breed. I think the heat went to the brains. Its a hard country and climate so they were always somewhat unusual. For example, their thirst was formidible. They used to buy beers in 2L bottles called the "Darwin Stubby"

2436180-3x4-700x933.jpg

Then there is the wildlife - saltwater crocodiles, box jellyfish, the top 3 deadliest snakes in the world and so on, all in Darwin suburban life. Not unusual for the saltwater crocodiles to have a wander into town or maybe hangout around the town wharf for a toddler to drop in. Yet the locals are just so blase about it all. So alcohol definitely helps.

I mean, why would you go swimming? But the locals do!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-25/woman-flees-nightcliff-beach-after-crocodile-approaches/6495482

Luckily there are no sharks - the crocodiles ate them all.

So I am really surprised that they use toilet paper there? Sandpaper maybe. Tree bark?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then there is the wildlife - saltwater crocodiles, box jellyfish, the top 3 deadliest snakes in the world and so on, all in Darwin suburban life. Not unusual for the saltwater crocodiles to have a wander into town or maybe hangout around the town wharf for a toddler to drop in. Yet the locals are just so blase about it all. So alcohol definitely helps.

I mean, why would you go swimming? But the locals do!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-25/woman-flees-nightcliff-beach-after-crocodile-approaches/6495482

That explains the name "Darwin". Sounds like a truth-in-advertising sort of deal.

The thing I don't understand about the panic-buying of toilet paper is, why are none of the stores out of hand soap? As soon as I finish with the TP, I go for the hand soap every time. It's a one-for-one.

Might want to go to the sink first.

We have one of those Japan-style ones, where the top of the toilet tank is a sink. After a flush, you just wash your hands using the same water refilling the tank.

edit: Similar to this one

SinkPos.jpg

Edited by Sean

This came from one of my employees - notice how he was halfway through watching?

90d21e00f673f3c6ad0be81ba045e21e.jpg

I needed a good laugh today - it’s been grim.

So, Mike.....what do your employees do all day?:jester:

So, Mike.....what do your employees do all day?:jester:

Some work. Some fight the remote office technology. Some in London discover that the boss is usually right and he should have been listened too earlier. Some clearly have gone to sleep and not surfaced (marketing folks - yet to see an email or call returned from them), and some keep me laughing with these types of jokes for which I believe in sharing the laughs with you all.

Productivity is clearly suffering but we will survive. Clearly it will not be a great performance year for bonuses in the company.

Are you flying or have they canned all that?

Edited by Croc

Some work. Some fight the remote office technology. Some in London discover that the boss is usually right and he should have been listened too earlier. Some clearly have gone to sleep and not surfaced (marketing folks - yet to see an email or call returned from them), and some keep me laughing with these types of jokes for which I believe in sharing the laughs with you all.

Productivity is clearly suffering but we will survive. Clearly it will not be a great performance year for bonuses in the company.

Are you flying or have they canned all that?

As of right now, I still have a job. However, owners laying low for a bit. We had a board meeting scheduled for today. Instead of picking folks up and bringing them in, all did a conference call. Going forward......we’ll see.

Lots of CV info at this link:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/

Considering the fact that, until yesterday, I didn't know of a single real-world person (non-celebrity, sports star, politician, etc.) who had even been tested, the map showing the number of reported cases is grim. Actual number of cases will surely be greater, and it's already a lot, and increasing rapidly. At least they still make beer and bikinis. :)

Too bad Croc can't run Spa. But, Jeff Bezos can, and in something even less aerodynamic than a Seven. All this home time is tough.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/watch-amazon-box-lap-spa-track-f1/?wc_mid=4035:18748&wc_rid=4035:1020365&_wcsid=DAFE201C232D256719B31E6DC7785DA4718DB7BAB2EE5560

I tried something different yesterday given that everyone is working remotely. My team and I did a virtual happy hour. We set up an online meeting, everyone used video, had a beverage in hand, and agreed absolutely no work talk. We ended up shooting the sh*t and playing online trivia for an hour, which proved a nice escape from the pressures and anxiety of the current situation. As one person put it "this was the first time in 2 weeks I've gone more than 30 minutes without thinking about Covid-19." Recommended for those of you working remotely and missing the non-work interaction with colleagues.

-John

...virtual happy hour.

Yes been doing it a bit lately here. Hopefully, a social version of it will also kick off Saturday with the NJMP gang. We were experimenting yesterday with various technologies.