What did you do to your Se7en today?

JohnCh

The Lotus Elan forum has a very active thread where people chime in with brief updates on what they've recently done to their Elan. Let's see see how that concept works here. Doesn't matter if it's a repair, maintenance, upgrade, taking it for a drive, or just sitting in it making vroom vroom noises while drinking your favorite beverage and waiting for local lockdown orders to expire. If it's tied to your se7en but you don't feel it warrants a dedicated thread, then share it here.

Since I already have a long, active thread about the current damage I'm doing to my Westfield, I'll start things off by admitting I sat in the car today during lunch -- I plead the 5th on drinking a beverage and making vroom vroom noises -- and reminded myself of that aspect of the driving experience. I can't wait to get this sucker back on the road. On a more productive note, I also played around with placement for a USB port. My objective is to keep it hidden when not in use, but easily accessible when the phone needs power, so I'm thinking about affixing it behind the dash with velcro. When needed on tours, simply pull it down and plug in the device.

Ok, who's next?

-John

I drove my fenderless, windshieldless Birkin to the airport and fixed the brakes on my Van's RV-4 airplane. The little airplane is equipped with a Lycoming IO-360-Exp, a fuel injected 360 cubic inch four cylinder putting out 200 hp. It will do 200 mph right side up or upside down.

Finally got those Tillett seat triangles installed. They never fit right so I had to cut them and then glue them to sit in place.

Also tried to apply a clear vinyl on the seat to stop scratches from the rocks etc into the red. Limited success with that. Taking a break. Too many bubbles and not sitting well in the end

Bleeding read brakes next. For some reason have a loss of stopping after winter and I have to pump the brakes. Bled the fronts. Nothing obvious. 9d187dec452fda1c71e817dd8ba20dc1.jpg33a9afe2008769ca2f9aa62f35741c28.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I have the T-9 gearbox opened up on the workbench awaiting a new 5th gear synchro and final circlip (the one that got away). The packaged has arrived at the local USPS distribution Center at last! I should have it in a day or two. While waiting for the parts, I have had an opportunity the clean up some of the shroud for the radiator and other minor sheetmetal tweaks. The upside and downside of owning a 7 is that there is always something to tinker with.

It's a long shot, but do you have 4-pots up front with inner bleed screws that you didn't bleed?

-John

Ill be damned. Didn't know about outside bleeders too.

Will do those as well.

Thanks a ton!

Vov - Nice seat! You could also get the sued seat pad to avoid seeing scratches.

As for my car: I’m doing a whole lot of nothing. My new seat is 90% installed. However while on a short drive around the neighborhood last week the ECU’s ignitor module gave up the ghost. Should be under warranty; nevertheless once again I have no vroom vroom, and am waiting on the postman.

Will try to brakes tomorrow.

Today I had other limited success with the edge trim. Some corners were too sharp for material others were too close to the suspension without room.

Still not sold on the look either but after much sweating and fidgeting it's done enough to test and see if it grows on me.

7d183251abe7c413a22847e31ab3e885.jpgdb28ad45f1313a0812f2db4068fb6548.jpg

Took the Locost out for a spin with the wife today. It was great to get out of the house. She is really handling great and I can't wait to get her out on some REAL roads. Not Kansas roads. The Locost, not the wife. The end of this lock down IS coming. Russ

Dropped off the new cage for powder coating today after it got scratched in transport.

Also fixed the the brakes by bleeding the back brakes. Didn't need to come back for the front. Brakes as good as new. Work so well I actually had to question whether pedal goes far enough to activate the brake switch.

Also met up with this guy after. What a machine.

c74e3edace9c2bd09fed68becce24938.jpg

Edited by Vovchandr

The parts arrived and after installation, I buttoned up the tail shaft housing. I won't go into fifth gear now! We took it back apart and something didn't feel right when rotating the input shaft. Upon further examination, I found an extra?? circlip aft of the second gear synchro cluster?? No idea where it came from or how long it had been there. Looks like I will be disassembling the entire gearbox this afternoon. Oh well, tomorrow was Groundhog day anyway.

• 3 weeks later...