Litchfield Lotus Goup

Black Hole

Walter Irvine of Lime Rock is trying to develop a Lotus Group in the Litchfield CT area. He hosted a meet up and drive on Sunday that bought out 9 Lotus cars (or technically 8 Lotus and 1 Caterham). We had a nice drive through the NW hills of CT and ended at the Falls Village Inn for refreshments. Even had a Lotus/Caterham 7 cross our path at Lake Waramaug (anyone on this list?). The Hyundai was a sympathy addition, he apparently had an Elise that was sacrificed on the track at Lime Rock. While we were at Lime Rock, it was Sunday and the Puritans still rule in NW CT and no racing at Lime Rock on Sundays!

The group plans to do another drive starting at Lime Rock into the Duchess County area up to Rhinebeck so if you are interested please advise me and I will get you on the invite info. i do not have any tentative date yet.

20_06_28_Litchfield Lotuus_054.jpg20_06_28_Litchfield Lotuus Group_013.jpg20_06_28_Litchfield_002.jpg

I'm definitely interested.

"Even had a Lotus/Caterham 7 cross our path at Lake Waramaug (anyone on this list?)." - If it was an early 90's red Caterham w/clams I know who it is. I'll relay this info to him too, he could be interested.

If it was an early 90's red Caterham w/clams I know who it is. I'll relay this info to him too, he could be interested.

Yes it was red, I think it was red with bare aluminum and clams.

Passed your way yesterday in my 7 heading down 9 to 81 to Lobster Landing in Clinton

Yes it was red, I think it was red with bare aluminum and clams.

Passed your way yesterday in my 7 heading down 9 to 81 to Lobster Landing in Clinton

I talked to my friend Ed in the red Caterham and he's very interested in the Litchfield Lotus Group. I'll PM his contact info to add to the list.

I've had another setback in finishing my garage so my Caterham build STILL hasn't started. It always seems to be a week away, ugh. :banghead: Looking forward to meeting up and some group rides!

• 3 weeks later...

I’m interested. The only Lotus in the garage these days is an Evora 400, but a (Caterham) 7 is expected to be completed sometime in September, followed by an Elan Sprint restoration sometime next year. Please keep me in the loop

Prisoner7: How do you like the Evora 400? Do you track it? If so, how does it do?(overheating???). Reliability issues? I am test driving a 2020 Evora GT next week.

I’m interested. The only Lotus in the garage these days is an Evora 400, but a (Caterham) 7 is expected to be completed sometime in September, followed by an Elan Sprint restoration sometime next year. Please keep me in the loop

There is a planned drive next Saturday 8/1 from Lime Rock into NY. We had one Evora at the last drive. I will PM you contact info.

• 1 year later...

I'm a new owner of a Lotus Elise.  I live in the Boston area, but try to get out to Litchfield/Berkshire counties as often as I can.  If possible, I'd like to be on the list in case I can make it to your events.  Thanks!

Don Buchholtz

The next drive is Sunday 8 August going from Lime Rock down to a vehicle storage place in Canaan called Wheels of Time. Not familiar with it but should be a nice drive. I will PM you the contact info

• 6 months later...