2020 Annual Sevens Event with NJMP Drivers Club – October 17/18

Croc

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On another note, my wife is going to come along, and spend some time hanging out with the Sevens bunch and watching us on track. We're also thinking that we'll pack her kayak along, assuming there are lots of nice places for that in the nearby wildlife refuges. Can anyone give any specific advice on kayaking in those areas?

Definitely is good for kayaking. Huge national wildlife preserves and birding habitats there. Maurice River is one of the cleanest rivers in the nation. Fowser Rd boat ramp is close by Millville town. Then there is Fortescue with its Wildlife Management Area about a 20 min drive away, it has a boat ramp off Slate Street. Hansey Creek Road is the boat ramp access to the Egg Island Wildlife Management Reserve. Then if you want the outlet of the Maurice River into Delaware Bay, there is a boat ramp at East Point Lighthouse. However, I would not recommend going out into DE Bay. Its shallow and the chop builds up pretty steep in windy conditions - stay in the shelter of the rivers/tidal marshes. Union Lake has a boat ramp off Carmel Rd as well.

https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/maurice-river-new-jersey/

https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/union-lake-new-jersey/

https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/cape-may-harbor-in-new-jersey-destination-report/

Edited by Croc

You are member guests for $225 per day. Non driving guests are $50 per day.

If you did it wrong then Track Rabbit lets you go back and edit your registration and pricing. You have not been charged yet do corrections are easy at this stage.

Thanks, I just asked wemtd about the pricing because I thought it was much higher than previous. Now I can go back and update my registration for the correct type and better rate. I did not realize I could not see actual member pricing.

Thanks!

I am not a fan of the new registration site - complicated thing. I cannot see what you see which makes it hard to guide you.

That’s why I call it TrackMuppet! Describes us perfectly!!!!

Edited by Croc

You are not the only one scrambling John. I blew the clutch slave last Friday on Thunderbolt. Parts hopefully arrive this weekend and then engine and gearbox out time.

If you cannot drive then still join us for dinner one night.

I will also have to be a no-show this year(:. Our vacation to the mountains of N Carolina was planned for this new date, and my car is still in pieces. The upside is someone else will have a shot at one of the coveted post event awards, which I have cleaned up on over the years!

The NJMP accommodation does not allow pets.

However, the track is pet friendly in that they are allowed in the pits area and on the property. They are not allowed out on track as drivers or passengers. They are not allowed inside NJMP buildings like the Finish Line Pub.