2020 Annual Sevens Event with NJMP Drivers Club – October 17/18

Croc

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'll be fine with the aeroscreen. With your helmet and long sleeve tee/sweatshirt you won't have any problem on track.

Now if you're driving your car down to NJMP- that's another story.

I'll have mine on.

Jim

For you all aero screen people. How many are switching to windshields/doors? I'm expecting it to be quite brisk.

I'm still aero in NY but mornings and evenings get very cold very quick.

It should be ok. Mornings will be chilly - may be in the 40s but warm gear will be enough. Day temps will warm up into the 50s and 60s. Should be plenty of sun.

Stay with aeroscreen. My trick is to use a windproof jacket over a fleece + tshirt and this stops 100+mph breezes. Gloves are often a good idea.

Dinners is where you will need the warm gear. Still trying to iron out details of staying safe (so eating outside) and staying warm.

It should be ok. Mornings will be chilly - may be in the 40s but warm gear will be enough. Day temps will warm up into the 50s and 60s. Should be plenty of sun.

Stay with aeroscreen. My trick is to use a windproof jacket over a fleece + tshirt and this stops 100+mph breezes. Gloves are often a good idea.

Dinners is where you will need the warm gear. Still trying to iron out details of staying safe (so eating outside) and staying warm.

Wow, Croc must be serious about that diet. No mention of personal antifreeze. Watch out, if he's lost ballast, he'll be faster than ever.

You should know Panamericano (are you named after a Starbucks frou frou ladies coffee?), I now spend my evenings looking at my feet. Have not seen them in such a long time now that my stomach has receded several miles. Such a novelty.

I guess I need to stop kicking heads, asses, HR flunkies, small furry animals, clutch pedals.....

50a972f91cf4f6415b8191bc7fac7d3d.jpg

Now to focus on pulling the engine to replace my Caterham clutch that decided to unfortunately fail two weeks back. Could have picked a better time.

I've tried to refrain from comment ( and trust me-since I look at feet all day- I could certainly make some) Suffice it to say that I see worse looking feet daily.

Looks like it's a good thing I'm coming . SOMEBODY needs a curbside consult:eek:

Jim

Regardless of your sensitivities:

We still have a 2020 se7en's track day :hurray: and, well... 'you should see the other guy'

I think it was worth it, especially since it's not my foot (although my driving probably looks just as bad).

We are 3 weeks out from this event. All in order and organized. Drivers Club events are going smoothly under the Covid-19 restrictions. Numbers look to be a little down on prior year due to the virus upending everything but projecting 17-19 participants based on sign ups so far which is better than I expected. Plus I am expecting some mystery guests to turn up. It will be lots of quality driving time in a sevens-only exclusive session.

Tom and I look forward to seeing you out there.

We are 3 weeks out from this event. All in order and organized. Drivers Club events are going smoothly under the Covid-19 restrictions. Numbers look to be a little down on prior year due to the virus upending everything but projecting 17-19 participants based on sign ups so far which is better than I expected. Plus I am expecting some mystery guests to turn up. It will be lots of quality driving time in a sevens-only exclusive session.

Tom and I look forward to seeing you out there.

another year with the 7 in hibernation sad times. maybe ill come visit last min.

Sorry to hear that Roman. I was at the track on Friday and it was in good shape. NJMP does have the distancing procedures pretty well set up and the weather on Friday was spectacular. Low sixites in the afternoon, 10mph breeze. So cool that my oil temp didn't come up to normal temps until i did about 8 laps.

Looking at the registration to date, it looks like we still have room for a couple more cars on track, so if you ever wanted to see/run with a bunch of other 7s, whether you've ever been on track or not this is an excellent opportunity. Croc has some special awards this year and since Kitcat can't make it, you all have a much better chance to win one. :rofl: Looking forward to seeing you all! Tom

another year with the 7 in hibernation sad times. maybe ill come visit last min.

Come and join us on the Saturday. Steve N is coming down to visit. It would be great to see you even if it is without your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are about 2 weeks out from our upcoming event at NJMP. So hopefully everyone is bunkered down and staying safe for the next two weeks getting their cars ready. :smash:

Croc has started cleaning up his garage and hiding the good wine in anticipation. Long range weather outlook seems that we won't be sweating like we did last July, so bring a jacket or sweatshirt as we will be eating outdoors and it can get a bit chilly at night.

Hopefully you all fit in your cars after being shut in for several months, I will be bringing my Orange SV and leaving my Yellow S3 home as I don't think I will fit in it right now. :leaving:

Looking forward to seeing you all. Feel free to let Croc or I know if you have any question, especially the first timers. This event isn't a race, it's a Relaxed, Fun, laugh filled opportunity to spend time on and off track with other 7 nuts. Tom

For those who may be shopping for a seven, this event is perfect for you to come and check out the various cars, talk with owners and build your experience so that you are a better buyer.

Tom Carlin of Birkin America is planning to be here. Bruce Beachman, Caterham Dealer for PNW is planning to be here. Perfect opportunity to talk options/build ideas on your new Birkin or Caterham. You can ask Bruce about my new Caterham build.

It is great to see Tom and Bruce participate in the event as an opportunity to reach more existing and prospective customers. I for one hope they sell more sevens as we are always looking for new driving buddies to enjoy the twisties.

Edited by Croc

Which one of you ordered the last set of 185 Avon ZZS's???

Backup/main tires are on the way. ZZS for the rear, ZZR for the front. Not that big a deal (correct me if I'm wrong)

Only debate at this point is to whether (likely) kill the Toyo rears on the track or change before hand and change there or change before hand and figure out time to finish the Toyos on the street later.