Caterham Battery Cutoff Switch Location

11Budlite

I've started work on my '19 310S build and was considering using a battery cutoff switch because I'm planning on using a Lithium Ion battery. I have a leftover battery cutoff switch (with alt protection) that I didn't use on my Birkin that I hoped to use. I had seen that most people that have them in Caterhams install them in the triangular cutout on the RH windshield post. When I look in that area on my car it doesn't look like there's a lot of room there with the windshield wiper motor. Can they still fit in that location or are they typically installed on the LH side windshield post on a LHD car?

I had seen that most people that have them in Caterhams install them in the triangular cutout on the RH windshield post.
Mounting an exterior electrical cutoff switch is typically a requirement for racing applications. If you are more interested in just being able to isolate your battery (and perhaps for security concerns) then mounting it under the dash on the firewall as coffee break mentioned above is a great way to go.

Besides, if you mount it on the outside of the car there's the chance some light-fingered ne'er do well (see photo) will come along and take it.

xneer-do-well-Exposure.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7Mfkfh2GpU.jpg

Edited by Nick O'Teen