Birkin... my turn signals switch in ALL four flashers....???

Clarko

My current challenge in my Birkin build...

Painless/Slomove wiring.... I have checked and double checked and “think” I have it wired correctly..

.. the Hazards work fine..... but unfortunately the turn indicators also activate all the flashers too....

I have checked fuses etc...

Anybody have any thoughts....?

I have spent hours/ days on this one and am no further ahead... I’m not actually sure how to Troubleshoot this... .. I would rather see no light and have to troubleshoot that than light everywhere:)

clark

Clarko (where are you located?) incase you're nearby.

What lights do you have? when i switched to LED tail lights i had the same issue: if so you'll need to wire in diode's to the circuit. IIRC the resistance of the non-active incandescent bulbs is sufficient to ground the active bulbs. however in my case inserting LED's this was no longer the case.

cheers

p.

Hi, In Kelowna BC Canada... also known as Napa North;-)

... I just popped back in to the house to say “problem solved”... my issue was not the “earthing of the turn signal lamp” that I had read about........ it was much stupider than!!!!!...

I had misunderstood slomove earlier wiring diagram and had grounded one of the indicator lamps..... and attached a wire from both RHS AND LHS to the other wire.... in effect joining all four flashers together.....

oh dear!!!! Anyway... despite feeling stupid... I am Sooooo pleased that I have it solved.... it was literally keeping me up at night:)

Now.... what is next on the agenda:)