Registering a Seven in Ohio

Hello All

I'm considering purchasing a Ultralight S2K that is registered in California. It has a CA SB100 registration. Does anyone know what documents I will need to register this in ohio? Can it be registered without a windshield and wipers?

Thanks

Paul

I will answer this question myself. My first 7 was a Caterham from the state of Washington. Having never had a car like this I didn't realize that there are good VINs and there are bad VINS. While i'm sure the state of Washington had there reasons, the VIN assigned to my car wasn't standard and therefore wasn't recognized in the "common" VIN system, it had 1 less number (i think). When I went to register my car Ohio DMV didn't know what to do with the VIN so sent me to a inspection agency within the DMV. Once there I had to produce documents that showed the engine and transmission were purchased separately. Fortunately, I had those documents and they placed a new Ohio VIN on the chassis of my CSR.

The car I'm now buying is from California and it was assigned a VIN by California and Ohio will recognize these VINs so I do not have to produce drive train and frame documents. I therefore just have to take it to a Ohio DMV for a VIN inspection.

Hope this was clear

Thanks

Paul