Further Proof

Entertaining read. I'm personally always up for a good $h1t show argument on the forums, it's part of the appeal.

Wonder what the equivalent of that would be here?

"Follow my Caterham Nomad build"?

"Why 360R is faster around the track than 620R"?

"How do I add/plumb AC to my 7?"?

Exactly as it should be - USA7s should be a relaxing place to visit online.

Rather embarrassingly, I recognize one of the willy wavers on that Corvette forum thread. Completely unproductive discussion.

Anyway, we all know a Se7en is quicker around corners than a Corvette! Reflects our mental state.

I am on the Corvette Forum, and I agree it can get pretty stupid at times. Not reading the useless posts is the best approach.

Recurring stupid items are:

I paid $70,000 for this car and the stitching on the leather seats is crooked, how do I get them to pay me some compensation. Because they think it's an expensive car, they think it will be perfect.

They should buy a Caterham 620 at the same price.

"Stealerships" are making too much money on them. No one is allowed any profit by these guys.

Do you guys think the purple stripes I painted on my fender look cool? Substitute wrap color, wheels, exhaust tips, paint color, cellphone mount for "purple stripes" Some guys just need approval of their ideas. If I reply, I always say " It looks great!", that's what they want to hear.

On the other hand, it is an invaluable source for maintenance and repair tips, as is this forum for Sevens. This forum is more focused on the cars, and the members are gentlemen, so it stays much more civil.

I am on the Corvette Forum, and I agree it can get pretty stupid at times. Not reading the useless posts is the best approach.

Recurring stupid items are:

I paid $70,000 for this car and the stitching on the leather seats is crooked, how do I get them to pay me some compensation. Because they think it's an expensive car, they think it will be perfect.

They should buy a Caterham 620 at the same price.

"Stealerships" are making too much money on them. No one is allowed any profit by these guys.

Do you guys think the purple stripes I painted on my fender look cool? Substitute wrap color, wheels, exhaust tips, paint color, cellphone mount for "purple stripes" Some guys just need approval of their ideas. If I reply, I always say " It looks great!", that's what they want to hear.

On the other hand, it is an invaluable source for maintenance and repair tips, as is this forum for Sevens. This forum is more focused on the cars, and the members are gentlemen, so it stays much more civil.

An excellent start. Add in all the things GM got wrong and writer could have engineered better; Endless speculation and arguments on future models; Always referencing order codes instead what the item actually is (ie: NPP instead of exhaust); threads going off topic and becoming an exchange of personal attacks after 15 comments.

Years ago I visited one of the US Lotus forums on a daily basis. However, I found that an inordinate number of the posts devolved into personal attacks, many based primarily on politics.

Although I found much of it inappropriate, it was a bit like an accident on the highway - hard not to rubber neck.

I finally decided I’d had enough, and stopped going to the site. Haven’t been back since.

Definitely appreciate the sanity and decorum found here.

The Miata.net forum is also fun, friendly, informative and bad behavior is not tolerated. Over the years a number of people have been banned.

The answer to almost any Miata problem is on there.