Leitch Super Sprint

Kiwi7

Hi all. I have been absent from this sight for many years and are returning to get up to date on what events and activities are going on. I have had my Leitch Super Sprint since 2005 and still enjoy it as much today as I did the first day I drove it. It has a Toyota 4AGE Silvertop 20 valve running the OE ECU. That took some figuring out 15 years ago I can tell you. Has a 5 speed and Toyota Corolla GTS rear end. I built the car after importing the body/frame from New Zealand. I later made the fold down top and aluminum doors for it. It has completed around 20,000 miles since hitting the pavement with quite a few of those completed in both Autocross and HSAX. Great and fun car. Glad to be back getting up to date.

Lake 1.JPGTop on.jpg

Edited by Kiwi7

One of my favorite colors on a seven - the burgundy red really pops against the polished aluminium (using the Kiwi spelling/pronunciation). Great detailing with those doors and painted headlight bowls.

I guess it was your DMV that made you insulate your exhaust that way?

Does someone still sell Leitch Super Seven kits in the USA? Used to be Earley Motorsports but the website is no longer active.

Does someone still sell Leitch Super Seven kits in the USA? Used to be Earley Motorsports but the website is no longer active.

Hi. I am Graham Earley of Earley Motorsports. The Leitch is still available and able to be shipped to the US. Barry (Leitch) still builds a great kit as well as restoring many other old race cars etc. Have a look at their site here: Leitch Motorsport & Restoration | or barry@leitchmotorsport.com

My Seven keeps some pretty good company out in the shop. Visible are 1971 Lotus 61 (Black), 1967 LeGrand MK6 Formula B (white), 1981 Zink Z16 (red). Also a couple of bikes not visible, 1971 Kawasaki 500 Mach III triple and a 1985 Yamaha VMax. I have a very understanding wife.

shop.jpg

Hi. I am Graham Earley of Earley Motorsports. The Leitch is still available and able to be shipped to the US. Barry (Leitch) still builds a great kit as well as restoring many other old race cars etc. Have a look at their site here: Leitch Motorsport & Restoration | or barry@leitchmotorsport.com

Hi Graham - that was a coincidence as I had no idea of your identity. I guess you stopped doing the US distribution at some point and Leitch went direct distribution?

How many Leitch Super Sevens are stateside from your estimate? They have a great reputation in NZ and Oz and would deserve to do well here.

cheers

mike

• 3 weeks later...

I am not too sure Mike as far as 7s go. There are a few Lotus 23B copies and Brabham BT21s Barry has built over here in the states. And that doesn't count the numerous cars shipped to him from the US to have restorations completed (McLarens, LeGrand, etc).

• 4 months later...

Hello to Graham Earley. I bought the Dutton from you in 2012 and still have it. I was slowed down by a series of small strokes and have not finished the car but hope to make progress this year. I have a Ford Focus engine and hope to convert to Webber’s and must come up with ignition system and transmission adapter to use it but should bee powerful enough. Hope Tennessee is good to you and wish you best on your upcoming retirement you have very much earned. John Phelps