1965 Lotus 7 S2 For Sale

craig chima

I have reluctantly decided to sell my 1965 Lotus 7 project (SB1961) and am posting detailed information here. I would very much like for this car to go to a dedicated 7 enthusiast since I will not be able to finish it myself (recent spinal fusion of L1 to L5 which will preclude me from doing major restoration and mechanical work in the future). As such, the project is being listed only on this website and also the simplesevens website. Details of the project along with a single picture below will give you an idea of the current status but in a nutshell this is a straight, sound chassis with probably 99% of the parts needed to complete the restoration included, plus major mechanical components (1340 cc Kent pre-crossflow motor) and Close Ratio transmission both recently professionally rebuilt.

Lots of additional pictures can be seen on the simplesevens website or I would be happy to email or text as requested. If finished properly, this is easily a $40,000 car and in my estimation the only major expense left is painting the car. The rest is disassembly, cleanup of chassis, and reassembly (sweat equity). Asking $17,500 and I am open to close and reasonable offers to the right enthusiast. Car is in Akron, OH. Craig Chima (330) 807-0742 or chima97@aol.com

IMG_3729.jpg

Edited by craig chima

• 4 weeks later...
Well, as Henry suggested, it didn't last long. Have a verbal commitment to purchase with deposit being sent, and one more person on the "waiting list" so pretty sure it is spoken for. Craig

Craig-

Any update on the sale?

Cheers,

Roy