Cross Country Elan

Even though this is not technically Seven related, it may be of interest. Some of you may be aware that I am planning a cross country trip in my Elan this spring. In preparation for that adventure I have begun a blog to get the word out to anyone who might be interested in either meeting up somewhere along the way or just following the progress and story.

I also am soliciting donations to the kids at Roundup River Ranch and have set up a donation page for the Ranch. While I will be funding my own expenses for this trip, I would appreciate any support you may feel like contributing for the kids.

The link to the blog called Cross Country Elan, is here: www.xcountryelan.com

If you want to be notified of any updates to the blog as they are posted, just subscribe using the FOLLOW button after entering your email address above that.

If you wish to donate, use the rounded button marked DONATE HERE and give whatever you can even if it is a small amount. It all adds up and it helps the kids.

And, finally, if you wish to connect along the route which will be published as a general path soon and with specific daily routes about a week in advance, click on MENU (the three bars in the upper right hand corner) and use the contact button.

Here’s hoping to see you or virtually connect with you in the next few months.

Cheers,

Ross

Count me in Ross.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Ross, he and his cross country trips are the real deal and if he's supporting the Roundup River Ranch, that's good enough for me.

11,500 miles - OMG!

Ken

Even though this is not technically Seven related, it may be of interest. Some of you may be aware that I am planning a cross country trip in my Elan this spring. In preparation for that adventure I have begun a blog to get the word out to anyone who might be interested in either meeting up somewhere along the way or just following the progress and story.

I also am soliciting donations to the kids at Roundup River Ranch and have set up a donation page for the Ranch. While I will be funding my own expenses for this trip, I would appreciate any support you may feel like contributing for the kids.

The link to the blog called Cross Country Elan, is here: www.xcountryelan.com

If you want to be notified of any updates to the blog as they are posted, just subscribe using the FOLLOW button after entering your email address above that.

If you wish to donate, use the rounded button marked DONATE HERE and give whatever you can even if it is a small amount. It all adds up and it helps the kids.

And, finally, if you wish to connect along the route which will be published as a general path soon and with specific daily routes about a week in advance, click on MENU (the three bars in the upper right hand corner) and use the contact button.

Here’s hoping to see you or virtually connect with you in the next few months.

Cheers,

Ross

I went on one of Ross's 3 day charity drives for the Round Up Ranch. One of the stops was at Round Up Ranch. To see kids desperately ill and having fun and their smiles was a great experience.

The drive was for older sports cars. I had sold my Caterham by then but Ross allowed me to use my '16 Miata Club. I had a windshield banner "The Japanese Elan" on the car which was the name of my fund raising team. I managed to raise about $2,500 for the Ranch.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Just an update while I am logged in for the Smithology post.

Thanks to all of you who have made contributions to the kids at Roundup River Ranch. I recognize some of the names and would voice my thanks personally if I knew how to reach you directly. In the meantime this will have to suffice even though it is just as heartfelt a thank you. 

And, finally, I have quite a few posts on my Blog so it may be worth a visit: https://xcountryelan.com/

Edited by JohnCh
Fixed link

And if you are like me and keep forgetting to check out Ross's site for updates, you can subscribe to his blog on your next visit and get the latest updates delivered to your inbox.   

-John

• 1 month later...

Well the weather looks good, the car is ready, I’m all packed and it seems as though all signs are positive. So I will be leaving on Sunday April 11, 2021 on the first leg. While I have planned the route carefully I know that Eisenhower was right when he said "In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." 

If you are interested in the actual progress, be sure to subscribe to the blog at http://www.xcountryelan.com to see my planned daily post from the road. And if you wish to join me for a segment, contact me through the above blog to make arrangements to connect. 

See you on the road!!