Things you need to know about the new forum

JohnCh

Where do you want us to upload content that can be useful for technical? Since we don't have access to do so.

I have a gear calculator, some pectel software and other documents such as T9 stuff etc. 

8 minutes ago, Croc said:

Didn't work.  Testing people tagging @Vovchandr

Vlad - Dump what you have into the drop box link I sent you.  We can sift and sort things out there.  Shane is doing that now for the Storkers

I have no notifications for the tagging either.

I'll try to do the dropbox tonight. Most of my work is done from my laptop including quality time spent on the forum, but the pictures are on the desktop in the office which stays occupied for most of the day by certain others who are working from home. I'll see if I can sneak on today. 

I'll create a help guide for this with pictures when I have time.  Short version: go to Account Settings > Notification Settings > Mentions & My Content  (click downward carrot on right to expand).  Select your desired notification options.  Notification List is the little bell icon at the top right of the forum.  Email is...well, I think that one is axiomatic ;) I suggest checking this for the remaining categories to make sure you receive notifications as you wish.  We don't (yet?) have a Newsletter or Events, but might as well set those correctly in case they are added in the future. 

At the bottom left of the Notification Settings page, select if you want a browser notification and/or your device to play a sound when you have a notification through the Notification List.  On the bottom right, confirm you have entered the correct email address. Also make sure to check your junk folder for notification emails.

Although I have set notifications at a global level, I suspect some individual user settings came over from the old forum and are overriding them for some of us.  

-John 

Al Navarro lives!

Glad to see that the Forum is still alive and well. Warming up here in NJ...will try to get the car out as soon as my driveway turns from mud to regular dirt!

John: I have found this new format easy to use and intuitive. Certainly more comprehensive and user-friendly than before. And I am the proverbial Neanderthal when it comes to 21st century technology (or even late 20th century).

So high fives to you for lugging us all into this more modern world.

Mike

Mike, glad you like it.  The transition has been more seamless than I anticipated, and I had reasonably high expectations.  Hopefully others also like the changes.  

-John

• JohnCh unpinned this topic