Looking for Headlight Covers

Hello all,

I am looking to source the vinyl/leather headlight covers that are embroidered with the 7 logo or is this a custom upholstery part. Any leads would be appreciated.

Not clear if you have the recent 5.25" size headlights or the older 7-7.5" headlights size?

I got mine from Lesley Storr Designs but she has shut down her business (although the old website still appears in searches).

I think Vlad @Vovchandr got some from somewhere but not sure who.

Other options:

- Measure and see what these guys might be able to do

https://www.amazon.com/LIGHT-COVERS-EYES-PAIR-buggy/dp/B003LITDQA/ref=asc_df_B003LITDQA/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312098740701&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1090978084174443172&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003505&hvtargid=pla-588909190778&psc=1

- Contact these guys and ask for a custom order to your measurements.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/669105760/headlight-headlamp-blackout-cover-canvas?ref=related-1

17 minutes ago, Croc said:

Not clear if you have the recent 5.25" size headlights or the older 7-7.5" headlights size?

I got mine from Lesley Storr Designs but she has shut down her business (although the old website still appears in searches).

I think Vlad @Vovchandr got some from somewhere but not sure who.

Other options:

- Measure and see what these guys might be able to do

https://www.amazon.com/LIGHT-COVERS-EYES-PAIR-buggy/dp/B003LITDQA/ref=asc_df_B003LITDQA/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312098740701&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1090978084174443172&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003505&hvtargid=pla-588909190778&psc=1

- Contact these guys and ask for a custom order to your measurements.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/669105760/headlight-headlamp-blackout-cover-canvas?ref=related-1

I used Lesley Storr as well. 

If you do get a hold of them and they still do them I might be interested in getting another set to encourage making them if they want more sales..

Thanks for the replies. I checked out Lesley Storr and as stated seems to no longer be in business. I have the larger 7" headlight which seems to be an odd size for the universal sizes of 6" or 8". I think I will contact some local upholstery shops and see what they can do. I will let you know how it turns out!

On 3/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, DatsunRBZ said:

Thanks for the replies. I checked out Lesley Storr and as stated seems to no longer be in business. I have the larger 7" headlight which seems to be an odd size for the universal sizes of 6" or 8". I think I will contact some local upholstery shops and see what they can do. I will let you know how it turns out!

@DatsunRBZ I have reached out to Lesley and got a reply. The website is shut down due to a start of some other business however Lesley is willing to entertain still making covers for reaching out like I did.

I'm fairly certain 7in ones are done too but I haven't asked. If you're willing to future proof yourself Id order 5 3/4in ones in addition as well due to the fact that you might decide to switch in the future. My car started with 7in headlights and I've done the swap. 

For those going for a classic look 7in works. I was going for a more modern look hence the switch. Still have to swap the mounts to the lower ones. 

With that said I'm planning on also putting in an order for a backup set or maybe a set with a different color to have a combination to switch back and forth. 

Since the website isn't really up anymore I'll list you the options of the top of my head as to what they were like before. 

The main cover can be black vinyl or carbon fiber type vinyl (which is what I have). The weave can be vertical or adjusted at 45 degrees (what I've done)

For the main print of 7 you can chose your color as well as main layout. It can be a single stitch or a multiple stitch to give it a 3d type effect. For example outer stich white then middle orange then outside white again. Or in any other combination. 

I hope this makes sense. Let me know what you think/decide and I can reach back out and put you two in contact directly after so I don't play middle man. 

For the price and quality you can't beat going with Lesley. I don't think any custom local job will end up being cheaper honestly. 

This is perfect and the quality looks top notch from the pictures. I am ordering a set of 5.75" headlights this week and plan to get 2 sets of headlight covers. I would really appreciate if you could pass along Lesley's contact information so I could place an order. Think I will go for the 45 degree carbon fiber vinyl with an orange/silver stitch combo for the 7. 

cover1.png

Great. I've reached back out and asking whether they want to deal with just me as your/our broker or whether they just want me to give you their email.

I'll likely be getting 2 more sets myself.

1) To future proof eventual decay/damage or loss (almost lost them many times so far!) 

2) To get an alternate looking set (all white right now looks great, but I mulled over getting red at the time of original order and now is my last chance so..)

@DatsunRBZ Lesley got back to me. Your request shouldn't be a problem after I showed the picture. 

As far as brokerage or directly thats up to you. Shipping costs could be saved by likely shipping everything once to me and then me shipping out to you. How much? I have no idea. Likely to the tune of $20 to $40 if I had to guess. 

I haven't asked specifically about 7in but should be a problem.

I did find an archive page of the business with examples still available for showing

https://web.archive.org/web/20161212180659/http://l-s-d.co.uk/gallery

I also wanted to give you a fair warning. These are somewhat hard to put on. They are a VERY tight fit with a small elastic at the bottom to allow expansion to go over. Without fail as you're putting the one side on, the other starts coming off. Much easier as a two man job. Alone it can take a number of minutes to put each one on. 

Pricing you're looking at 35 GBP each without shipping. 

• 3 weeks later...