Mileage roll call. Did you buy the right version of the car?

Sad to say mine has been parked for 5yrs while I put 2 kids through college. Last one graduated Jan2021 and is just now starting to work due to Covid.  Soooo, hopefully get the hiem-joints replaced, flush the gas tank, new tires, battery, and hope for the best soon.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:02 PM, Mondo said:

Sad to say mine has been parked for 5yrs while I put 2 kids through college. Last one graduated Jan2021 and is just now starting to work due to Covid.  Soooo, hopefully get the hiem-joints replaced, flush the gas tank, new tires, battery, and hope for the best soon.

I'm really curious how easy or hard it'll be to flush out 5 year old gas from the lines, keep us posted!

1 hour ago, sf4018 said:

I'm really curious how easy or hard it'll be to flush out 5 year old gas from the lines, keep us posted!

You'd actually be surprised that it might work without being flushed. Without knowing his scenario but I've had cars sit for nearly a decade and still run after. 

As far as miles now, I'm gladly reporting that NY registration issue is skirted for next two years and I have plates again to put some miles on!

I am pretty sure I have the right car for me.  Live axle S-3 with a Lotus Twincam.  It had been sitting for ten years when I bought it. At that time it had 12,000 miles on the odometer.   Despite the previous owner telling me he had run it every month it took some effort to get it started.  It has been a six year adventure to get everything right, new engine and transmission along the way, but what a hoot.

• 1 month later...

1984 S-3 with 14K on the odometer. its the epitome of analog car so i I love it more with each issue i resolve and every mile i put on it. I don't see myself selling...anytime soon!

Edited by NSXguy