Glamour 7 photography thread

On 5/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, wxywb021254 said:

Had an early morning drive last week and took some pic for my car. 

ILCE-7M3_DSC4024.jpg

ILCE-7M3_DSC4027~2.jpg

ILCE-7RM3_DSC0943.jpg

Sweet sevens, man! My buddy is looking for ideas for his incoming project. Got to finish installing the bumper and amp research board on the truck this weekend before we can take her in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Vovchandrit looks like some of your photos were image uploads to the forum and others were URLs with the image hosted elsewhere.  The items that aren't appearing all seem to be the latter (or at least the several I looked at) and show as URL expired with that URL pointing to a content delivery network affiliated with Facebook.  If I were to hazard a guess, it might be related to copyright protection given those images were most likely taken by professional photographers.

-John

27 minutes ago, JohnCh said:

@Vovchandrit looks like some of your photos were image uploads to the forum and others were URLs with the image hosted elsewhere.  The items that aren't appearing all seem to be the latter (or at least the several I looked at) and show as URL expired with that URL pointing to a content delivery network affiliated with Facebook.  If I were to hazard a guess, it might be related to copyright protection given those images were most likely taken by professional photographers.

-John

Doesn't the forum host them when I copy picture into a body? Those images weren't hot linked. I was under impression when you copy an image into the body it local hosts it. 

This is why I can copy from my hard drive into the body and it will show up in the post (testing example below)

image.png.7dafd308287ca6377cb0292d954b190e.png

I'm fairly certain almost all those pictures were copy and paste for the reasons described above. I didn't want the source to be broken and I figured it becomes local hosted. 

Edit: If I hotlink sourced them, shouldn't I have the old url in the body if I were to edit it? At least that way I could go back and find the source again if it came down to it being the problem and repost them. Otherwise I have no idea what the pictures were right now. 

Edited by Vovchandr

As I wrote above, I checked several of your images and some were uploaded from your device and some were linked from other sources (e.g. EVO Magazine).  The images that are broken all point to a CDN, which seems to indicate those images were remotely hosted.  If you have any instances where you have uploaded an image and it is no longer appearing, let me know via PM and I can open a ticket.  Regarding remote images (what you refer to as hotlinking) those are not hosted by our servers and that is not unique to our software.  Think back to when PhotoBucket changed their terms several years ago and broke images across various forums. If the source image moves or is blocked, there is nothing for the forum to display.  I did a quick test and it doesn't appear that the original URL is viewable when in edit mode other than showing the CDN link.

-John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...