2021 Annual USA7s Event with NJMP Drivers Club - September 19/20

Croc

Thank you all for the info. It sounds like there is flexibility to switch between groups once at the track which I guess is what I wanted to know. Considering I have a new to me car and never been to NJMP I think it would be wise to start with the green group. Just wanted to make sure I don't miss out on being part of the sevens group. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a month.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DatsunRBZ said:

Thank you all for the info. It sounds like there is flexibility to switch between groups once at the track which I guess is what I wanted to know. Considering I have a new to me car and never been to NJMP I think it would be wise to start with the green group. Just wanted to make sure I don't miss out on being part of the sevens group. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a month.

And, in case you hadn't figured this out, the driving is 2/3 of the fun. The other 1/3 is hanging out and sharing meals with other Sevens nutcases and some of their sympathetic family members.

39 minutes ago, BlueBDA said:

And, in case you hadn't figured this out, the driving is 2/3 of the fun. The other 1/3 is hanging out and sharing meals with other Sevens nutcases and some of their sympathetic family members.

And Jeff hasn’t even met  Kitcat yet, And he thinks we’re nut cases. :party:

Registered, new trailer tires (one of the old ones got a flat sitting in the sun on the driveway), hotel.  

Brakes bled, oil changed, nut and bolt done.

Probably driving up early on Sunday.  See you all then!

Jim

That turn can bite you if you turn in too early and take more than a foot of the inside curbing.  If you drop a wheel on the exit and don’t drive off on to the grass on the left. You WILL tag the wall on the inside.   That turn has collected quite a few cars.  

10 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

This came up on my YouTube suggestions

:classic_blink:

Not every Youtube suggestion is a good one.  That is a particularly bad choice to follow.  That turn (turn 12) plus turns 2 and 4 are the ones where you never should try to save to car and instead just let it go off left side.  Plenty of run off on the left to be safe.  

1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

A se7en that ventured onto the curbing at that corner at our 2018 event and paid the price. Great car, great driver. 

There is no need to use the curbing on that corner.  It was designed to look visually tighter than it really is - the corner opens up after the apex.   NASCARs/ARCA cars go through there on throttle at 140mph.  A high hp seven is getting through there around 110-115mph on throttle with no brakes and it feels very stable.  If in doubt lift on entry to the corner or tap the brakes but never go near that curbing.  

That picture is deceiving too.  While he did damage to the arms, most of the sheetmetal that got bent were some aero mods that he made for auto crossing. If you look closely you will see that the clamshell fender on that side is not even damaged.    

It’s getting closer.  We are now just four weeks away from our Se7ens gathering/ track days at NJMP.  Now’s the time to start panicking and get those last minute little details sorted.  Well for Croc and Vlad maybe a little more than details. :classic_tongue:   

We are looking forward to another fun event, both on track and off.  It’s always a good time in the pits between runs and at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  So even if you aren’t interested in tracking your car, or if it’s not finished, you are more than welcome to come hang out with us other Se7en owners, with or without your car.  

Tom

And, like that: :banghead:.  I’ve joined V.

While trying for a pre-storm blat today the Engine started intermittently stuttering/skipping. After interrogating the ECU and many circles around my neighborhood the miss counter is rising and there is an unassociated irregularity in the trigger sensor curve.  For 10min I thought I had it sorted with a  new sensor. Sadly it reoccurred at 15min. 

(to be continued…)

Crisis averted- after searching I found the needle in my haystack: a gremlin (who still has unanswered questions) in my camshaft position sensor plug on the engine wiring harness.  After a little futzing the engine seems to be back to normal again. 

One huge advantage of building

your car is being intimately acquainted with every part of the car. When things break or malfunction there is a repair advantage.

I look forward to seeing everyone at Thunderbolt.

Edited by wemtd

Well done Paul.  

My gearbox is in the USA.  Now I just have to get it to the workshop and swap it over while traveling for the next 3.5 weeks.  I may just have a Caterham to drive for this event.