Croc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

What's the latest time I can register by do you know?

@VovchandrIf you want it, I have teed up TJ and Ian to work on your car to diagnose fixing it. They owe me a favor.   They are available Sunday for this, possibly as early as Saturday depending on arrival time.  Does not help you drive the track on Sunday but may get you out there Monday.   If you did that then register on the morning of the day in person.  

7 hours ago, wemtd said:

Tom 

what is the COVID - dining room situation regarding lunch/breakfast? 

Paul, right now it is mask optional.   Breakfast is in the clubhouse or can be taken out.   Same with lunch.   I’m trying to get us outside for dinner on Saturday.    

Tom

Thanks in advance to our hosts as well as to all who are participating in order to make this event possible.  Between the cars, the camaraderie, the track time and the colorful cast of characters, it makes the Se7ens event one of the things I really look forward to each year.  See ya Saturday eve!

Just booked a VIP Suite, and will register shortly.  

New helmet arrived yesterday.  Oil changed, brakes bled, new front pads.  And I’ve squeezed in an econo $10 polish job. 😊

Targeting arrival around 2:00 on Saturday.  Have been in touch with TJ to do a quick alignment, although I’ll run even if I can’t get it done.

Steve

13 hours ago, Croc said:

@VovchandrIf you want it, I have teed up TJ and Ian to work on your car to diagnose fixing it. They owe me a favor.   They are available Sunday for this, possibly as early as Saturday depending on arrival time.  Does not help you drive the track on Sunday but may get you out there Monday.   If you did that then register on the morning of the day in person.  

Trying my hardest not to have to involve help but might end up needing the help of hands on experts. 

What significance is the registration day? Do I need to register just to have the car on the property to be looked at or pre register pending a fix?

At this point I'm pending bringing it regardless. I think I could do the day with just overheating if it only happens at low speeds like it did before and other other problem doesn't come back. 

I got my clutch done and will finally make one of these great events. Vovchandr I understand your frustration. Last year I did not finish re-wiring my car in time. I look forward to seeing everyone and hopefully your car will run or can be fixed. 

Vlad,  there is a $25 late fee if you register within 48 hours of the event.  But that is better than losing your full fee as there are no cancellation refunds within that period as well.     They did impose a low cap on us, but I don’t think we hit it as Croc and I have not heard any pushback.   Tech is usually right after breakfast so technically you need to be checked in/ registered to get a tech sticker. 

10 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

What significance is the registration day? Do I need to register just to have the car on the property to be looked at or pre register pending a fix?

Registration is just to drive.  But if the car cannot drive then dont register but come and we try to diagnose the problem with Ian/TJ and then register next day for driving.  You can be on the property without registration - just tell them you are here for drivers club or drop a car at my garage or etc....

9 hours ago, CarlB said:

I forgot to ask. Will we be able to keep our cars in the garage or should I bring a pop up!?

You can leave it in my garage Saturday night.  Sunday you can stay in the large event garage at the pits.  

After 2 days of testing, tweaking loading and general screwing around, I am nearly loaded. I will travel from Cincy to Frederick, MD today, hang with family tonight and tomorrow a.m., and leave for NJMP in time for the 6:00 dinner there Sat eve. We shall see. I will definitely be there Sunday, if unexpected issues arise along the way. 

I can make the simplest task exciting: also ask me about the time I backed my Caterham out of my steeply parked trailer, with the engine running and me riding on top of the roll cage (into traffic). Hmm, where did I put the steering wheel? Some people are of the mistaken belief that all the Caterham excitement happens on the track.