The easiest way to transport your Caterham

As the nearest track to me is over 60 miles away and god forbid something happens at the track trailering the car is the best way to insure I will get the car back home.

I tried a regular steel trailer with a heavy lift gate and it was a pain to handle, tow, load and unload.

The solution is the Aluma Tilt Bed super light easy to load and unload (after a bit of practice) I did install a Fulton 3rd wheel upgrade which is a must do for ease of handling, but now I can easily move the trailer single handed.

if you are looking for a trailer check out the Aluma 6812 the car fits perfectly and you can tow it with a Honda Civic (I do).

AAA worked for me before I had a trailer. Broke a lower control arm. AAA flat bed towed it home. I have looked at the Aluma trailers even looked into local dealers. If you line that with a Serpent Express cover you might have the perfect solution http://serpentexpress.com/

Graham

Thanks for documenting this Brightonuk.  Last summer I was shopping for a tilt trailer but never pulled the trigger as I wasn't able to confirm what would work (approach angle and weight distribution).

6 hours ago, Brightonuk said:

You can buy this one next month and I will throw in a Caterham Superlite :classic_wink:

My wife might see thru that ruse if I were to return with a trailer that happened to have a car on it, but as a strategy I think it is brilliant.