Up for sale on BaT next month

Brightonuk

I guess not.... man Im gonna miss the car but it is just to dam hot in Florida now and for the next 6/7 months even at 128mph

As for the center caps I got a M8 in the UK who tracked a set down for me they are an original Caterham set.

I wish Caterham kept NOS of certain items (Nose cone Badge comes to mind) but I guess demand is just not there. 

I will reach out to him and see if he can track down another set but honestly kinda doubtful.

Surprised you could not use a 3D printer do you need an org to pull from? if so I can put you in touch with the winning bidder I am sure he will know about USA7s and this tread as I linked it in one of my BaT responses.

I will keep in touch after the sale to help out if I can.

Steve 

Edited by Brightonuk
added stuff

2 hours ago, Brightonuk said:

I guess not.... man Im gonna miss the car but it is just to dam hot in Florida now and for the next 6/7 months even at 128mph

As for the center caps I got a M8 in the UK who tracked a set down for me they are an original Caterham set.

I wish Caterham kept NOS of certain items (Nose cone Badge comes to mind) but I guess demand is just not there. 

I will reach out to him and see if he can track down another set but honestly kinda doubtful.

Surprised you could not use a 3D printer do you need an org to pull from? if so I can put you in touch with the winning bidder I am sure he will know about USA7s and this tread as I linked it in one of my BaT responses.

I will keep in touch after the sale to help out if I can.

Steve 

I have a set of 3D printed ones but I'm not entirely happy with them. They didn't leave an opening for the center caps of the center caps to plug into and when I was was modifying them to fit... I broke one of the "snap legs" of the center center caps. 

Ironically those are no longer available for ordering either, so I might have to 3D print/make a set of those as well. 

Thanks for getting back to me, it's unlikely that the gentleman would be able to find me a set of those as well. I was hoping that the big 16in wheels that the Caterham came with that had a very similar style center cap would fit, but I found out that they are actually different. Look the same but are bigger and wouldn't fit. They are more common overall. 

Well that's over blood pressure as gone down a bit

I was a little nervous at it seemed stuck in the 20s 

As this one departs I am sure you will see a new face here with a cool looking Superlite R  and again thank you all for allowing me into one of the most respectful and helpful forums on the net.

Steve:cheers2:  

10 minutes ago, Brightonuk said:

Well that's over blood pressure as gone down a bit

I was a little nervous at it seemed stuck in the 20s 

As this one departs I am sure you will see a new face here with a cool looking Superlite R  and again thank you all for allowing me into one of the most respectful and helpful forums on the net.

Steve:cheers2:  

I couldn't believe it was wiggling as low as it was for a while. 

For a while buying the car for the ITBs and the wheels seemed like a bargain :classic_biggrin:

Good luck with your future endeavors 

6 minutes ago, Kitcat said:

Problems with the BAT sale?

If that's the case than I'm going to have to call "told you so" to my SO, but I will have to wait and see what exactly is implied by the comment above. 

Edited by Vovchandr

It has been...........difficult getting information from the buyer, he seemed a stand up guy on the phone.

I will air on the side that the guy is OK and I am just being overly worried but the thought of not getting the Evora is killing me

1 hour ago, Brightonuk said:

It has been...........difficult getting information from the buyer, he seemed a stand up guy on the phone.

I will air on the side that the guy is OK and I am just being overly worried but the thought of not getting the Evora is killing me

Interesting, I have the opposite problem in Calgary, too cold most of the time. So I went with a 986 Boxster, more practical, beautiful and inexpensive. Yet not close to the fun of my Stalker, so I've been looking. This is a great spec and I would have got into the mix, except that Canada bars importation of titled replicas that are less than 15 years old.