New Seven in MA soon

chronoso

I'm sure we can find somewhere to eat w/o a reservation. On previous drives we've had good luck with Johnson's in Groton or the Mountainside in Princeton.

I am all for a morning blat. We can meet up at Minuteman or a parking lot and convoy!

I am busy with route planning for a Porsche rally, so I cannot volunteer to plan a route for a blat.

I am busy with route planning for a Porsche rally, so I cannot volunteer to plan a route for a blat.

We can just have calimoto lay out a route. It won't be smart enough to avoid apple picking traffic though. That's always an issue this time of year. It is pretty good at choosing twisties though.

Here's a sample of the type of route it generates:

https://calimoto.com/calimotour/r-abNGzjHQF9

What time do folks want to meet?

14 hours ago, panamericano said:

How many ponies power thee all alloy car?  How do you manage? 

Probably more than it needs! Not exactly sure how much though, the person who did the latest dyno tune this summer has yet to send me the details.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any interest in a reprise of last years gathering?  As fall approaches, the remaining good weekend are few.  And I have not seen enough interesting Lotus this year. Though I have been able to drive or ride in a few.

On 6/12/2022 at 12:08 PM, jimh3063 said:

I have

I have an R500 and live in Plymouth MA. I'd love to hear how you got yours on the road.

Jimmy

Mine was built in NY and originally registered there as a year 2000 custom vehicle and thus the title I brought to MA said as much, including a NY-issued VIN.  I expected that to be more of a complication than it ended up being.  There was a very short pleading with the understanding and helpful RMV agent when I initially went in to get my plates, but all went well.  My preference would have been if the original registration/titling was for a 1960's era model year which some builders have managed to get and to use the chassis number as the VIN, but so far other than having to visit a specific inspection shop annually, it being technically a 2000 MY registration hasn't been an issue.

8 hours ago, Marek said:

Any interest in a reprise of last years gathering?  As fall approaches, the remaining good weekend are few.  And I have not seen enough interesting Lotus this year. Though I have been able to drive or ride in a few.

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in that again!  As for interesting cars to see, there's a person with the opposite of my commute who lives somewhere in Littleton with a collection that includes at least an Isetta, a Citroen DS, and a Citroen 2CV.  Not exactly zippy backroads cars any of them, but definitely interesting to see and wave hi to in the morning.

If there is another Fall meetup planned in MA I would also be interested.  Last year was in Acton and it was great to see other local Sevens.  As well as some other Lotus'.